We thought they were playing an April fools joke on us. Seriously, we checked in on April 1st - and my "60th" was the next day. They just happened to put us in the room my husband and I thought would be perfect - without our putting in a request for this. What are the odds of this. The entire resort is wonderful but clearly it is great to have an ocean view. We got that and more. No matter where you are in the resort you can hear the waves breaking, enjoy the sun from your deck, and expect the best service. The pool is not huge but no problem getting a chair, the beach is busy, but again, no problem getting chairs and an umbrella. My husband and I enjoyed one of the best massages we have had for $100 for the 2 of us - this was the total not counting the tip - located between the pool area and the ocean, where the breeze and the sound of the waves are peak. There was entertainment in the pool area, fun excercise in the pool, and Bingo, as well as movie night outdoors, also by the pool. The Flamingo is located in one of the best areas of St. Maarten, there is much fun to be had in walking distance (in the event you like your Margarita's or feel the need to work off some of the great food you WILL eat on this island). We loved the Piano Bar - Jason you were the best and made my turning "60" less painful! Best breakfast was at ZEE Best restaurant; best meal: Le Moulin Rou (The Cracy Windmill); second to this the Lottery Farm Restaurant: Our best food experience - The Taste Factory with the most incredible pastries imaginable - one night we skipped dinner and just had deserts!!! We went on a wonderful Sunset Cruise on the Passat (one of my best sunset cruises ever) - intimate and memorable, and the food realy was outstanding. Best overall experience was at the Lottery Farm - had to do the Zip Line, I refused to let turning "60" stop me. It was a great experience, as was their restaurant, and the views from pic par just up the hill from the farm. Oh - best ever beach ORIENT, and one more BEST experience: spending time at the Sunset Beach Bar watching the planes come and go. Suggest you do this Friday - Sunday as the air traffic is non stop. This was one of our most memorable vacations and we hope we can make it back for a two week stint in 2014; the Flamingo Resort will be our first choice (and we have gone to other resorts in the Simpson Bay area). Between now and 2014 we are doing a cruise which stops in St. Maarten - gonna do some shopping in Philipsburg, then hit the EXTREME Zip Line at the Lottery Farm or maybe Orient beach.- or maybe all of the above . . Can'twait!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort