“Sea View Beach Hotel - Great place to stay a few nights”

Sea View Beach Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Stayed at this hotel because it was a cheap night to stay pre cruise.
It was run down and dirty looking but it is old. I did not feel unsafe or dirty. We had a decent shower and room and that's all we needed for a night. We could walk to everything from our hotel and the beach was right out the back door. Very convenient to everything.
If you need a cheap night to stay, try out this place. They looked after us and kept our bags safe while we waited to board the ship.
If your looking for something fancy, this is not the place but if you do not mind the run down look and a cheap place, I say go for it. Was a perfect night for us.

Room Tip: Best beach and shopping location and cheap!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canadachick76

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

The staff were very caring and attentive, they promote free WiFi but it is not true, I booked this hotel mostly because I have to work online, but when requested the access to wifi it took me 2 days of talking to several people and wait for them to get in touch with the owner to get a code to be used only in front of the reception and only in that specific chair because if you move you loose the connection.

I don't mind about being connected when I am 100% on holidays but this was not the case.

Rooms where clean and the cleaning lady did a great job every day, however it is way to expensive for what the rooms are.

The location is perfect and that is their biggest asset.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I stayed at the hotel for several nights before getting on a cruise. When I checked in the staff was exceptionally friendly. They showed me to my room and made sure I knew how to use the safe box in the room. The room was clean and neat. I made several trips to the front desk to ask questions and get information and Elicio Leonard was always very helpful. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and comfortable at this location. Great restaurants nearby and the beach just a few steps away. I will be staying here again next time I come to St. Maarten.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Tammy M
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Luxury no,adequate definitely. Room was clean,mattress fine, air conditioner worked, fridge in room. Staff was friendly and helpful. The location right on the beach can not be beat. We were there to join a cruise and only stayed one night. We wish our stay could have been longer. The vending machine in the lobby dispenses beer!
Best bang for the buck on the island.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michael m
Reviewed 26 February 2016

My first stay at the Sea View Beach Hotel was a good experience, the front desk including Nadine Mgr., Leonard and others were very attentive and responsive to their guests. rooms were clean, location was right on the board walk with beach access from the back steps..

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank AntonioRenna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
0.3 km away
0.3 km away
Holland House Beach Hotel
Holland House Beach Hotel
#2 of 12 in Philipsburg

Been to Sea View Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK