All reviews vending machine in the lobby rooms are clean enjoyed my stay small casino great place to stay beach carnival vacation
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I booked this hotel with American Express and figured that they had checked it out. The only thing going for this hotel is the location. It is an older hotels that needs a lot of work. The walls are very thin so we could hear all the noise. There are also very few rooms with a view. Some of the owner were staying here and took over the whole breakfast room which meant that we had to wait for breakfast. It appears that they have no idea what is going on. American Express must be getting a great commission for booking this bad hotel.

Room Tip: This budget hotel is not charging budget prices.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Napamel
Reviewed 11 February 2016

This is a great location. You can walk to everything. Very short walk to the beach. Beach privileges (lounge and umbrella) included. No pool needed. Hot breakfast is available for a reasonable price. Surprisingly quiet for a casino being downstairs. Some rooms have beach view. Safe and secure very clean accommodations, 24 hr front desk. The exterior gates to the beach entry area are locked at night. All traffic has to go by the front desk. Cable TV. Air conditioned. If you are going out or coming back from a cruse this is a great location. You can see the cruse boat docks. The Boardwalk and Front st. can change complexion when a cruse ship is in. Crowded Very Bohemian, More police dogs and patrols. We were there when there was no cruse ship activity and it was like a typical neighborhood with kids playing. Empty beach. We stuck up a conversation with the locals.. the St. Martin I remember from years ago.

Room Tip: There are rooms that are not over the casino that may have a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2016

This hotel was over priced and offered very little other than a great location on the beach. They refer to it as renovated but its all paint indoors and outdoors. I'm sure some room have Sea Views but my room looked out on a wall between buildings. The room and hotel were very clean, the staff were very nice, the bed was so noisy, I was afraid to look and see why...the shower was impossible...old plumbing, one hot tap one cold tap but only a safe cracker could blend the water. Big old T.V. but a good variety of programming since the city closes at 6 p.m. NO SAFE in room, two locks on door but I only got a key to the lock in the handle...I had to carry all my cash, passport etc. with me as I didn't want to leave them in the room. On the streets there are security guards with attack dogs so I got the idea all was not safe so someplace to lock things up would have been welcome, With a hotel designer and some investment this could be a top Boutique Hotel but right now it reminds me of a back road Motel in 1950.
Sorry but I would say "Great" if it had been $50. a night...Internet not safe, Google kept warning me to not enter info...One old computer in the lobby with a broken printer so you couldn't check in on line and print your boarding pass...all so unnecessary. Wish I could say better but only one night stay or I would have checked out. Nice paint job but that's not renovation.

Room Tip: Insist on Ocean View ....
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank DIDIGRANT
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Probably the sketchiest neighborhood in St Maarten, I was afraid to leave the room on my own. Rooms are small and smell moldy, and the noise from the street is super loud. On the up side, the receptionist was very nice!

Stayed: January 2016
2  Thank D B
Reviewed 31 January 2016

The hotel was located right on Front street, right in the heart of the shopping district. Sandwiched on the other side by Boardwalk, the hotel is situated in the perfect place. Great view of the Cruise ships as they arrive/depart, located close to food/shopping/bars on the beach and the beach itself. Hotel staff was super friendly and very helpful. Hotel is the second oldest hotel on the island, and although it is dated, it's clean and presentable.
The room was quiet at night, even with a small casino located right below in the same building.
Free WIFI in the hotel worked very well. The price could not be beat. Staff was wonderful and the hotel could not be located in a better place!

Perfect location. It's a 20 dollar taxi ride from the airport, 10 dollars over to Fort Amsterdam (Must do!) and the shopping is fantastic on Front St.

The bathrooms could use some updating, but overall they were nice.

Room Tip: The rooms that had the beach view are a little more money. The room we had was very nice and reasonably priced (Room 33)
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple