My wife and I decided to stay a couple of days before and a day after a cruise out of St Maarten. We didn't realize that it was the week of the Heineken Sailing Regatta, so it was really hard to find a hotel. I must admit that we only booked into the Sea View because it was all we could find for a couple of days at a time that was not a preposterous price. The busy time also forced us to fly from Toronto via Atlanta as the only remaining direct flights were $500 more. As appears to be somewhat the norm, our luggage stayed in Atlanta. The people in the hotel were helpful and welcoming and, after negotiating a shabby corridor we were shown to a clean, comfortable and well air-conditioned beachfront room. The Friday night was party night in Phillipsburg for the Regatta and we watched and listened to the excitement from "our" balcony, which was actually the end of the balcony that accessed the second floor rooms, but had a table and chairs. Meanwhile, the very kind lady on the front desk spent a lot of time and effort tracing our luggage which had come in on the next day's Delta flight and been given to a taxi driver who did not deliver it for about 4 hours - I guess until one of his fares took him past our hotel.
They are in the process of refurbishing this hotel. The vanity and sink in our room had been changed in the week we were away and they were preparing to repave the courtyard. We didn't stay there by design, but we'd book in there if we were going back to St Maarten and wanted to stay in Phillipsburg rather than in one of the many luxurious and fairly expensive resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea View Beach Hotel features beachfront rooms, which are all seconds away from a beautiful, white-sand beach, ocean view rooms and standard rooms, some of which give views of the capital, Philipsburg. The Hotel is located on the boardwalk in the heart of Philipsburg and is well-known for its world-renowned shopping, including many jewelry, souvenir and electronic stores. It is also within walking distance to four Casinos and many fabulous restaurants, fast-food outlets and the Cruise Ship Harbor.Our Breakfast Dining Room opens daily from 7:30am-11:00am. Sea View Beach Hotel has been recently converted to non-smoking with designated smoking areas within the property.High Speed Internet is Available at an Additional Cost.Sorry no pets allowed, check out time is 12:00 noon and check in time is 1:00pm.Must be 18 years or older to check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sea View Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaview Hotel And Casino
- Seaview Hotel Philipsburg
- Sea View Beach Hotel St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg