“Kind helpful staff at Princess Port de Plaissance SXM”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Philipsburg
Princess Port de Plaisance Resort and Casino
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I very recently (March 2012) stayed at the Princess Port de Plaissance in St. Maarten, N.A. and was taken ill which had nothing to do with their resort. The staff, after normal operating hours, were able to contact a Doctor on my behalf and, locate a pharmacist who agreed to open the pharmacy after 9pm at night. The security and front desk then kindly proceeded to personally drive my husband to the pharmacy and make sure to wait for him and return him to the hotel with prescriptions for me. If they had not intervened on my behalf, I would have had to go to the hospital violently ill. Thankfully, their help enabled me to make my flight the very next day. Karen Hana personally contacted me that morning after she heard how sick I was to make sure that if there was anything else I needed it would be taken care of including an extension of my stay to recuperate. She has continued to stay in touch and at my request thank the pharmacist who went out of his way, the front desk and security guard who drove my husband and the doctor who responded late at night. Also, to bring up to date the renovation of the resort, much is being done. Work on several buildings is in progress and I am sure that in the very near future this resort will once again be on the top of the list for a wonderful stay in St. Maarten. By the way, this was our 10th trip to St. Maarten since 1985 and one of the main reasons we continue to return is exactly because of people like Karen and her staff and the way that they go all out to help in any manner they can. Our travels have taken us to many areas of the world and by far this is the most help and assistance we have ever experienced.

Room Tip: One and two bedroom suites are very spacious
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

If the casino will find you enjoyable, the rest is awfull... The hotel hasn't been renovated for many years and you'll notice it... We have been in a suite with two bedrooms, the equipment was broken, dirty and unmaintained. You think being in 80's hotel. Only the casino and the outside building at the entrance are suitable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Arnaud V
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were just put up there last night by Air Canada -as the airport ran out of gas for our plane. Crazy, eh? We personally called 8 hotels we know on our mobile and everyhting was sold out. Obviously if Cote had rooms for so many of us, you knew it was going to be bad. As an omen of things to come inside, the "E" on their gold sign out front is dangling askew. It's obvious this was a swanky place when it was built---in the early 80's?? (guessing). We guessed correctly there are unit owners as well. It's in very sad disrepair, looks like the money has been squeezed out of the unsuspecting tourists/owners, and nothing put back into the resort.There were shiny, multi-million dollar yachts parked right outside our window, but inside the window, the hotel was in shamless disrepair.

Our room was unfit for humans to stay in, disgusting: black and cracked white tiles, mold all over the batheroom walls, ceiling, fan + lights, curtains falling off, the patio doors' locks were broken so no secutiry. I lay awake all night from mold allergies filling my head. Another in the Air Canada party said when a quick cloudburst came through, water poured through their kitchen ceiling, and the shower taps came right off the wall. The main lobby and casino are also very sad at the "resort of broken dreams". All we could think was, "We thought the Dutch were supposed to be clean?". We always stay o nthe French side, and it was immaculate in comparison.

On the bright side, the new manager Karen was extremely helpful, friendly and efficient. Many stranded parties from the Air Canada debacle checked in at once, and she efficiently took care of us all with food vouchers and her team whisked us to our rooms on golf carts. We were all calm and kind, but had spent 5 hours at the airport watching the sign saying our flight was departed, then up to 3 hours waiting for a handwritten voucher and hotel assignment from the contract staff. The new Bella Vita restaurant manager from Europe was fantastic and the food excellent - you must pop in there to have one of their pizzas from the Italian brick oven, delicious! In the morning, Karen rousted us all out on time for our flight check in with taxis standing.by. But the Air Canada crew forgot to set their alarm and wake up, or were hungover, so we waited over an additional hour more for them to show up. Nice.They were first to abandon ship and get rooms at 6:00pm -we got our assignment at 8pm), and last to show up at 12:15pm, whne all were checked in and ready by 10:30am.. But I digress.

Cote has a long way to go to have any kind of rating on Trip Advisor, but we understand reno's have begun, and it could be spectacular if Karen keeps it all on track. Just do NOT stay there now.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! Not the Simpson Pelican Bay, we heard it was just as bad.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank StMartin2011
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have been a long time owner and have to say when we first ourchased it was wonderful. Since then the service has gone straight down hill. The peolple employed and communication with the owners is horible. It sad because the resort itself is very nice and location is great. The people ruin the experiance

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I think most people have had the same experience, a one star resort. The only saving grace used to be the Peg Leg Pub and the breakfast place. Unfortunately the Peg Leg Pub owner from last year is not here anymore and he was the only person that ever cared about us during our stay. He actually got the golf cart himself to take us to our room during a rain storm when the staff would not do it. See earlier post.

Room Tip: They must be redone or don't go.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank roberts R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
5.8 km away
8.2 km away
Grand Case Beach Club
Grand Case Beach Club
#3 of 8 in Grand Case

Been to Princess Port de Plaisance Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK