Hotel has a great location.We felt very good and safe.I would recommend to stay in new part...saw rooms and they are very nice and modern, but of course if you want to have a old caribbean feel stay in old part.old part is in need of some up keep and as we heard it is already planned, so we are looking forward to stay there again...had breakfast and dinner there ...good service..good food ...breakfast kind of pricey compare to the other places. All together we had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse is St. Maarten's oldest and most charming inn. Formerly a rooster farm, Governor's home, V.I.P. guest house, and Dutch Royal Residence, it is ideally located in Philipsburg on a white sand beach amidst enchanting tropical gardens and enclosed within its original stone walls: a green oasis hidden on Front Street. A national landmark and one of the last bastions of West Indian culture, the Pasanggrahan is secluded and offbeat in the heart of St. Maarten’s capital, and it's a minute's stroll to shops, restaurants, casinos, banks and other institutions and activities. This authentic, colonial style inn has all the special features of a larger hotel including concierge service, the Sidney Greenstreet Bar, boardwalk beach bar, complementary chaise lounges, beach towels, and social hour. “A special place for special people” General Information"This vintage West Indian-style guesthouse has a prime spot on the beach in Philipsburg, sandwiched between the busy, narrow main street of Philipsburg and the harbor. It's set back and shaded under tall trees, a charming relic from another time. In fact, this was once the summer home of the Dutch Queen Wilhelmina, and the interior has a gracious, late-19th-century feel, with peacock bamboo chairs, Indian spool tables, and a gilt-framed oil portrait of the Dutch queen. The small- to medium-size accommodations have queen-size, double, or king-size beds with four-poster designs; some are in the main building and others are in an adjoining annex. The finest have genuine colonial flair, with antique secretaries and four-posters swaddled in mosquito netting, madras valances, hand-stitched quilts, beamed ceilings, and still life paintings. Set among lush palms is the harborfront Pasanggrahan Restaurant, which specializes in fresh fish caught by the hotel's own deep-sea charter fishing boat and family-style dinners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse Hotel Philipsburg
- Pasanggrahan Royal Hotel
- Hotel Pasanggrahan Royal
- Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg