“Must do "Mud Baths"”

Soufriere Marine Management Area
Ranked #12 of 44 things to do in Soufriere
More attraction details
Owner description: A protected strip of reef with a remarkable diversity of coral formations. A spectacular dive.
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We booked this excursion from our cruise because the reviews we read said "must do". I agree. It was a long tour but scenic and so worth it. The mud baths are nestled between the Pitons. Seeing them in itself made the trip worth it. The mud baths consisted of walking in the hot shallow stream and taking the mud from buckets that the works continually gather from upstream. You rub it on your skin and let it dry. Then there is a spring pool you can use to wash it off or go to the showers. There was another natural pool just below the first one and several of us enjoyed that one too, but you can't see through the muddy water to see where you are walking, and there could be a 3 foot drop from one step to the next. You don't want to fall under. This is not for the frail. Afterwards your skin feels incredible. I wish I could have taken mud home.( In a side note they sell home made black soaps along with some other types of soaps. They do not seem to contain mud. ) On our way home we had a fabulous meal at a restaurant. I am sorry that I did not bring a camera. I had read a lot of review that theft is a problem but next time I would buy a disposable camera. Our tour was only about $79 a head. There was another one that went by boat instead of bus for $109 and I heard good reviews of that one too.

All reviews
"resort"
"blast"
"volcano"

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We did the tour. My wife & daughter did the mud bath, they loved it very much. Our visit to st lucia went sour the night after we visited this spot.

4  Thank Greenman868
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Went as part as another trip. Was nice to experience. Went through the mud bath, covered myself in it and washed off back in the hot springs if you dare! Skin felt great afterwards. Went on a Sunday and wasn't too busy but heard the it's really busy on other days, especially when the cruise ships come in.

3  Thank Lawton186361
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We took the combined Volcano and mud bath tour it was good fun. The only small downside was arriving at the same time as the buggy tour group who had a bit of a tendency to monopolise everything.