1,398 results
All reviews hilltop dream suite heated pool paradise ridge recommend ladera gros piton suite heritage suite ladera punch our honeymoon chef nigel restaurant dasheene beach package st lucia open air sugar beach open wall soufriere experience visited ladera
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Perfect from the moment of arrival! They met us with cool fragrant towels and a refreshing fruit drink at the welcome gazebo. The lovely lady who oriented us to the property and to our room (her name was Tenderly) was so sweet and thorough. We had the most amazing view in Room H, the lighting in the evening was absolutely magical. I cannot wait to return (outside the rainy season). The rain was neat to move through the forest from our room but the frequent rain on the beach was not so fun. Overall we highly recommend Ladera for a romantic getaway for the adventurous type!

Room tip: All rooms have amazing views!!
2  Thank lillie p
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a Christmas getaway and a break from the cold so we decided to visit st Lucia and to stay at the Ladera resort.
I would first like to start with the positives about this hotel. The staff was very warm, welcoming and friendly. We stayed in the hilltop room (x3), which had a heated pool with a swing overlooking amazing view of the piton and the ocean! Our bed was upstairs and with the open concept of this hotel you had the same amazing views all day from sunrise to sundown. The fridge is filled with different drink options and replenished daily. The food was also tasty at dasheene restaurant! I should also mention our breakfast was included and there were many options to chose from! And the personal touches like the Christmas gift and the treats given upon check out was very thoughtful and added to the holiday spirit!
Now on to the negatives of this property: as I mentioned earlier, due to the open concept, this hotel only has 3 walls(with open areas near the ceiling) which means you are exposed to all the elements of nature including birds, insects, frogs, wind gusts and thunderstorms! If you are ok with all those and you are a camping/ nature lover type you will love this place! I however had a hard time sleeping, because of all the noise from the other guests, the birds,the insects and the thunderstorms! I knew this before booking this hotel, and the views definitely trumped the fact that you are essentially sleeping in a fancy treehouse type room!
I don't recommend booking any excursions through the hotel because they overcharge. We booked a 2 hour horseback riding tour and the price we were charged was $168 per person; for the same tour booked through TripAdvisor, it would cost $120 per person. The part that angers me is the fact that I asked the concierge if the prices were comparable and she replied "absolutely"! They could've been honest and said we charge anywhere from $20-50 per person convenience fee depending on the activity! But lesson learned and for the rest of our trip, I booked our own activities!
Overall, it was a unique experience and a fun place to visit at least once!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shazzybozorg1
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Returned from a fabulous 4 day escape to Ladera. It was perfect for us as we just wanted to relax and not have to think about arranging anything. Our room was almost perfect (see comment below) - you cannot beat the amazing view and the stars at night. We almost never left the room. Its kind of like super high end camping. I really like that it has personality and not just another high end resort.

We did go to the beach every day and as beaches go it was nice. We just sat on the sand, went swimming and used the boats provided by the resort (you have to pay for them). The snorkeling was enjoyable albeit crowded. But for someone who has never seen the fish in the caribbean its a nice little spot. SO sad to see all the dead coral. And if you are really into seeing reef life you need to go out on a boat trip. Did not mind having to take the shuttle back and forth to the beach. It is worth it to be up on the cliff with the amazing view.

The other time we left was for dinner in the resort restaurant. We found the main restaurant to be a little overwhelming for us so just ate in the bar every other night. We could order pretty much anything, always had a great table and there was good music every night.

So why not 5 stars. I am a very light sleeper but do not mind the bugs or birds. The thing that surprised me was the noise from the road which runs right by all the rooms. It was especially bad as the bed is located on the side of the room closest to the road. This was a major disappointment for me. We had a room with a non heated pool which was also a surprise. And we could have used a second comfortable chair in the pool area. That all said - if you are a sound sleeper this will not be a problem.

1  Thank Abstraction
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We stayed a total of 6 nights on the island - 2 at a resort on the north point of the island, and then the last four at Ladera. We were welcomed to Ladera by a wonderful punch, that was my favorite drink during our stay on the island (and it didn't even have alcohol!).

We were taken to our room (H), which was probably one of the smaller and simpler rooms in the resort, but still had a pool (non-heated) and the had amazing views that all of the other rooms offered. The room was one-of-a-kind and we woke to a rainbow the first morning that we were there. We did have some difficulties falling asleep the first night and birds poking around in our room woke us up early every morning. I'm prone to bug bites and still got quite a few, even after using all of the repellent options in the room (my husband did not get bit once on the trip) and I would recommend bringing bug spray with deet as what the resort provided did not work for me. I hate to even say this, but the room with three walls almost reminds me of glorified camping.

We did the following activities:
- 2 tank dive
- Massage (one of the best that I've received!)
- Tet Paul Hike (quick drive, and non-strenuous hike with stunning views)
- Evening Sail (sail from Soufriere, snorkel at Sugar Beach, sail around West side of the island towards Jade Mountain and back to Soufriere - great rum punch and snacks)
- Soufriere Tour (this is actually done by the resort, one of their lovely drivers drove us around the area and was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It was just the two of us on the tour, and we enjoyed the afternoon seeing the area.)

The only activities that we had another couple with us on was the sail and the dive. The resort was very accommodating when it came to dates/times and didn't force you to go when other people had scheduled the same tour on your stay.

Ladera is a stunning property, but if you like time on the beach, it's a 20 minute ride to Sugar Beach, were you have to pay $50 per chair for a nice cabana, bring your own beach equipment, or use the public area. This is a bit disappointing for the price that you pay at Ladera, but at the end of the day, you do have your own personal, private pool and incredible views from your own. Due to this, we only went down to the beach once, for about 2 hours.

Food and drinks are good, but like everywhere else on the island pricey. The Ladera punch is $10 (non-alcoholic version), Piton beer is $5, and alcoholic cocktails are around $18 a glass. We enjoyed the bar menu and ate all of our lunches there, as well as one of our dinners - the jerk chicken wrap was our favorite lunch item. Breakfast is very filling and my favorite item was the pancakes. We were not on a food plan, and ate all of our meals at Dasheenee.

Like everywhere else we went on the island, the staff was extremely friendly and attentive.

We do recommend staying in multiple spots during your time on the island, as the two locations we were at were so different. Ultimately, while Ladera is one-of-a-kind, we do wish we had evened out our stay to 3 nights at the first resort and three nights at Ladera.

4  Thank Katie W
Reviewed 28 December 2016

this was our 5th or 6th visit to Ladera & once again my husband & i were blown away with the extraordinary view..amazing accomodations & warm & welcoming staff. So many of the same staff remain after all these years..for us it like going Home to probably the most beautiful spot on earth.

Room tip: best views. in St Lucia. love the suites in original buildings, great restaurant, private plunge pools & great infinity pool