The Landings is a beautiful and well taken care of resort. The condos are spacious with top of the line appliances in the kitchen. (including coffee pot & Maxwell House coffee; toaster; blender) We ordered food from the pantry stocking service so we were able to walk in and start lunch! The food is much better priced that the local grocery stores in town (a frozen pizza was $15.00). However, I did take the free hotel shuttle to Rodney Bay and bought a few necessary items. I was able to make breakfast and lunch daily for our family. I did dedicate one whole suitcase to bring my own dry food (pancake mix, tortillas, trail mix, granola bars, etc) We really enjoyed our very private patio with a full table and chairs as well as a personal hot tub.
The 3 pools are small, but most people go to the beach. I noticed how well kept it was when I went off property. They really rake up the massive amounts of seashells and keep everything really clean. There are vendors on the beach however - they are pretty nice, but after a while it gets annoying!
We walked along the beach about 10 minutes (past Sandals) to get to Pigeon Island. Wow!! This costs $5.00 to get it but so worth the trip. It is lush, green, manicured and full of history. The views from the top of the hill are spectacular. Make sure you take some water; wear appropriate hiking footwear (not flip flops) and wear your swimming suit so you can take a dip at one of two beaches. There is a restaurant there as well.
We spent one day touring with Hugo. We saw banana plantations, awesome viewpoints, the rainforest, the pitons and the drive in volcano. Hugo shared a lot of information with us and we really enjoyed the tour. We also went ziplining at Rainforest Adventures. They are very safe, clean and thrilling!
The Landings is an beautiful resort to relax --especially for families. Our 19 & 23 year old boys really enjoyed our family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet