2,345 results
All reviewsbay gardenshi tidesea grapesst luciavacation clubone bedroom suitegarden viewpigeon islandtime sharebeach resortrotisecurity staffwater taxirum punchrestaurants within walking distancebig chefwater sports
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Most of the staff was wonderful. Don't take the free meal to listen to the talk about the time share program . Frances is downright nasty. We had never considered a timeshare. We needed lots of info. She wanted to try to guilt you into signing right away. When we thought about it overnight ( giving up " the special I can only offer today, throwing away money") and decided it did not work for us, she told us to " go ahead just throw your money away". She needs to know when to not do the hard sell. Not good business to me to leave such a negative impression of the resort.
We found a local guide who gave us a ride around to the sights. He name is Pius and you can probably find him on the beach.
My girls thought the pool was a bit dirty but I think this is unavoidable due to sand from people's feet and plants and insects that find their way into pool during the day.
Our room was nice. We had the 2 bedroom suite. So kitchen with full fridge and stocked with plates, etc. When the air conditioner broke they came very promptly to fix. Ask for extra shampoo as getting sea and pool water out of your hair takes lots of suds.
Used the free shuttle to the market area. If you are going to get cold food, time your trip so you are not waiting at the other hotel in the heat too long. You have to walk about 5 minutes to get from market to hotel so plan your purchase accordingly. Other days I walked there after the sun was not as high, about a 15 minute walk.
A shuttle to the Castries area( craft market) would be a great thing. You have to take the local bus which did not look inviting for a family of 5. It appeared as a cramped minivan rather than a bus.
The showers take a few moments to get used to. Make sure the dial is set to shower or bath or you will get water streaming across the room.

Room Tip: If you have kids that go to sleep early and are light sleepers ask to be as far from pool area as possible. Managers reception on Weds is loud and if there is a wedding or function that is also very loud until about 11.
6  Thank Dana Q
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in Saint Lucia. We decided to stay at Bay Gardens Beach Resort because one of my family members had recently stayed there and had great things to say about it. When we first arrived at the resort, they could not find our reservations! This was not their fault, we had booked our trip with bookit.com and they had cancelled our reservations!! Even after we had paid in full!! Needless to say, we were not pleased with bookit.com. However, Jackie 1 and Jackie 2 who both work at the resort were so very helpful in our crisis. We were offered rum punch and they went ahead and gave us the only room they had available. We were grateful. The next morning, my husband printed out all confirmation numbers and emails from bookit.com and took them to the front desk. They graciously fixed the problem and moved us to a beach front suite like we had booked. We did end up moving rooms one more time because I thought the second room smelled a little moldy. All it took was a phone call and they moved us again without complaint. They continually told us they just wanted us to have a good honeymoon. Our week at Bay Gardens was incredible. We felt so at home with the friendly staff and had conversation with them every day. Also, when you stay here you are top priority at the medical center just in case you get sick. The owners' son is a doctor there. They informed us of this our first night and I was immediately at ease. If you stay here you MUST go to the manager's cocktail party on Wednesday night. The food, drinks, and entertainment are fabulous! The beach location is wonderful with trees to lay under and a roped off swimming area. It is also close to Spinnaker's, a restaurant right on the beach (try to mango sunrise drink there.) My only complaint was that everyone seemed to take their time at the restaurants. And on our last day as we were waiting for our taxi at noon, we went to have lunch at Hi-Tide, the resort restaurant. The woman working there was so ugly to us and did not want to serve us lunch at 11:00. We waited 50 minutes for our food and they even brought me the wrong order. Other than this one bad experience as we were leaving, everyone was so friendly and great to get to know. Be sure to meet Jackie, Nat, Nicholas the bartender, Olive, Timothy, and Pro. Also be sure to sign up for the catamaran tour of the island and eat at Fire Grill! We loved our honeymoon and we would recommend Bay Gardens to anyone! Oh, and don't forget to take advantage of the FREE shuttle service there!! We didn't have to pay for a taxi all week!!

Room Tip: I would advise asking to see your room before moving your things upstairs. We did run into one that smelled like mold, but the others were cleaned and well kept throughout our stay. The beach front suite is the way to go! Pool view is also nice too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Room high quality with two queen beds and large modern bathroom with shower, lots of towels provided. Good refrigerator and kettle provided with mugs and glasses.
Hot tub in centr e of pool great. Beach beautiful and a la carte meals very good in restaurant. Enjoyed happy hour each evening. Great Managers reception with amazing entertainment and appetizers.

2  Thank Joan L
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Sometimes it's the little things that stands out the most. My family and I just returned from spending a week at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. We have been to several islands in the Carribbean, and I have to rank our stay here as one of the best we've ever spent at resort Hotel. From the moment we checked in at the front desk, we were greeted warmly by Jackie who attended to our needs and saw that we were taken care of. We had to wait a few minutes for our rooms but it was not a problem. We took 2 rooms connected to each other, separated by a door which was unlocked so our daughters could move freely between both rooms. The kitchen had all of the ammenities, and we had coffee packs replaced daily. We were also provided a roll of paper towel, which was replaced when finished. Let me tell you, not many hotels give you a roll of paper towel for your use, trust me with a 4 yr old it come in handy. They even had large umbrellas in each room, just in case you wanted to go out and it was raining. Rooms were very clean, they even had a nice towel arrangement with flower petals on the bed. Timmothy our bell hope was excellent. The management staff should be very proud of the job he does. They also made it a point to ask us often, if everything was ok.

Room service was excellent, plenty of towels provided. Mary our room attendant did an excellent job, again always pleasant and always had a smile. We had breakfast the next day, choice was good. There were some local dishes along with your regular choice of eggs scrambled, bacon, sausages and potatoes, choice of pineapple, orange and I believe passion fruit juice. All well prepared. Again great customer service, if there was something you need, all you had to do was ask and within a few minutes it was brought to you. There is a supermarket, just a shuttle away. We choose to buy a few items and prepare breakfast and dinner for ourselves for a few days after. The shuttle runs every half hour, but you can also walk .it a short distance maye 20 minutes.

We loved the beach, water was not as clear as some other places we've visited but it was clear enough, it was also calm. It's a public beach so watch out for the loclal vendors peddling their goods, from conch shells, to hats and baskets made from palm leaves and local fruits. A jet ski rental runs about $50.00 US for half an hour. My daughters enjoyed that very much, you als have para sailing, kyaking, bannana boat ride and either snooba, or scouba diving.

We took a day tour of the volcano, the Pitons, the waterfall and an old plantation estate. This was handled through Beatrice at the front desk, what another gem. Very pleasant always smiling, took care of everything. The tour includes lunch and drinks on the catamarang. A bus will pick you up at the front of the hotel very early, so be ready. The only drink you had to purchase was their local beer, also called Piton, on the boat you had a choice of rum punch, either a coke or sprite and rum and coke. After we returned from the day trip they had happy hour. They are not kidding here, it's only an hour, that was a bummer, not like in NY which goes for 2 maybe 3 hrs. Also another down side, what ever drink you order they give you both at the same time, not a very smart idea, especiall if you ordered a strong alcholic drink, and it has ice. By the time you get to the second, the ice has melted and it's basically watered down. There is a regular at this resort, who seems to have 10 jobs.

He calls himself "PRO", he said it's short for professional. We took a liking to him, again, well mannered and very helpful. He's at the resort all day. Anything you want also he will get it for you. I gave him some suggestions about the happy hour. Maybe he will pass it on to the hotel management. Time will tell, if they decided to implement my ideas.

The only negative thing I have to say about this resort is this. First of all folks it's 5 years old, maybe more, so do expect some wear and tear. (1) They need to replace those televisions with flat screen. Those televisions were small and outdated, (2) our couch in the room was a bit on the dingy side, the color showed the dirt, it needs to be replaced or given a good steam clean I would go for replacing, (3) our shower door was missing a handle and everytime you showered, water was all over the floor, the tub also had some cracks. Be very careful when you get out of the pool, the floor can be very slippery. There are signs telling you this. While going to my room, I slipped and fell on the small porch in front of my room. This resulted in a fractured knee, which is now in a cast. We did ask for a mot afterwards,we were told one was going to be placed on the porch, but we never got it. They should also place some skid pads along the pool area. I'm not faulting the hotel for my fall. Accidents do happen.

Finally, my wife also had a complete masage at the spar, which she gave rave reviews, ladies she said you should try it. This resort is also part of a time shear folks, so do expect a sales pitch here. Since we already own a time shear, we graceously declined. Would we visit Bay Gardens again, the answer is deinitely. As a matter of fact we are already planning to do so. This is a great resort, the people of St. Lucia made us feel very welcomed, they are some of the friendliest people in the Caribbean that I have ever met. Hats off to the Bay Garden Beach Resort, you will see us again.

3  Thank Raptor47
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Hotel was comfortable and clean. Staff were extremely receptive to my 2 yr old daughter. We all felt treated like if we were treated like queens. We can't wait to return. Good value for money. It was an EXCELLENT vacation

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family