2,366 results
All reviews bay gardens hi tide sea grapes st lucia garden view one bedroom suite time share pigeon island splash island beach resort roti security staff water taxi rum punch restaurants within walking distance big chef water sports
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Close promixity to all the restaurants and the new mall.
Must try the sushi restaurant "the Edge" the chef is great

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I did some serious research in picking a hotel for our St. Lucia vacation. Our criteria was waterfront, nice beach, and close to entertainment and dining. This hotel seemed to fit the bill but my wife tried to get me to pick Sandals in its place based on the photos online. I took a gamble and told her to trust me on this one based on the reviews.

The hotel is on the best part of Rodney Bay right at the end and during our visit there was plenty of room. The pool area was very nice, but I could see how it could get busy however for our visit we never saw more the 10 other couples at the pool. The gardens were amazing beautiful with flowers, palms and much much more, the gardner was out daily maintaining the hotel grounds. The rooms are very nice, we had some air conditioning issues, but nothing major the staff was very helpful. I will say the pictures don't do it much justice, the rooms, pool, and beach are much nicer in person.

The best part of the hotel was the location. We were able to walk to the market and pick up beer, breakfast food, and snacks. Our room had a kitchen so this ended up being perfect seeing that we did not go to a all inclusive resort. It was also walking distance to some of the best places to eat in St. Lucia as well as most of the top rated restaurants on TripAdvisor. We ate at about 10 different restaurants and only had one bad meal. Bay Gardens also had a great menu selection as well and enjoyed lunch there on a few occasions. It was also walking distance to a Casino and a shopping mall. It was clear to me that Gros Islet was the happening town in St. Lucia.

When we come back to St. Lucia we will be staying here again.

5  Thank TheR0ss
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just spent 5 nights at the bay gardens resort & spa. Lived up to expectations, in the quiet end of Rodney Bay (apart from the rooster who starts at 2am!!!). It really is only a 10 minute stroll to the supermarkets, but the hotel has a shuttle which will have you there even quicker. And there are some good bars/restaurants en route all within walking distance. There is also a police station nearby, so it really is a safe area.
Room was very clean, comfortable and spacious, and the petals on the bed & towels was a nice touch. The pillows weren't great, but then I like a really soft pillow and I know thats not always possible in hotels.
All the staff were extremely friendly and polite, and nothing was too much, especialy Jackie, Kennith, Samantha, Nat & Lance.
The menu at the High-Tide restaurant was good (much better than Trios), and having a special dietry requirement was easily facilitated by the chef - thank you!
Its right on the public beach, and the hotel has its own security so I always felt safe. During the day you can venture onto the beach, or just relax by the pool with ample sun loungers. The Bay Gardens has 3 hotels in all (who can all share the facilities) but even so it never felt over crowded. There are excursions available to book via the hotel (or through the operator like I did), which for me was great, because although lounging in the sun is great, I like my holidays to be a bit more active.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room tip: prefered one of the garden view rooms, nice & peaceful
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The many Trip Advisor positive reviews of the Bay Gardens Beach Resort are very well deserved
It is a very well designed and beautifully maintained property. It is a perfect size for our tastes
and the hotel staff is very accomodating.
The location on Reduit Beach is perfect and our beautiful beach front room with a lovely
balcony was ideal. We spent a total of 11 nights at the resort and enjoyed every minute of it.
It is easy walking distance to Rodney Bay Village and there is also a shuttle bus that travels to
The Bay Gardens Hotel in thr dowtown area.
If and when we return to St Lucia this would be our first choice for a beach holiday-without
question.

Room tip: The corner beach front room on the 3rd floor had a sensational view
Date of stay: February 2012
2  Thank Toronto_OntarioDiane
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I have recently spent 10 days at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. It was absolutely briliant. My wife was celebrating a special birthday and the hotel staff helped me to arrange flowers for the room and a picinic for the beach. Thank you so much Cheryl. The hotel is beautiful, in a fabulous location on a white sandy beach, with beautiful well kept gardens and immensly helpful and friendly staff. We ate at many of the restaurants along the Rodney Bay road and all of the meals were extremely good, the Spinnaker and Trios being the best for us. Trios was always very quiet but the food is exceptional. We look forward to our next visit.

Room tip: Seaview is best from 2nd or 3rd floor
1  Thank Andrew M