Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent in every way!

Kirk is AMAZING! My husband and I enjoyed not only the pictures he took of us but we enjoyed... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2021
K8415OXcindyc
Phenomenal Photographer in St. Lucia

Kirk was one of the highlights of our visit to St. Lucia. From initially reaching out to him via... read more

Reviewed 14 July 2021
lasherylw2021

Recommended experiences in and around St. Lucia
from US$ 65.00
from US$ 119.00
from US$ 110.00
from US$ 110.00
More Info
All reviews kirk elliott shutter speed private photo tour dslr camera marigot bay st lucia various locations great guy local bar via email pigeon island photographs iso teaching skills lesson critique
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband and I took a private tour with Kirk during our honeymoon in March of 2017 and we both agree it was one of the best experiences we had on the island (We climbed Gross Piton, enjoyed the beaches, went snorkeling, took a Catamaran journey, had massages outside in a gazebo, and did other fun excursions). Kirk is the best, very down to earth and intelligent. Not only did we get to experience some of the more "real" St. Lucia (restaurants, places, and people) than we would have if we stuck to the resort we booked. We would have missed out for sure if we did not book our time with Kirk. We are first time DSLR users and the photo tour really helped us take better images on the trip and beyond!! If you are on the fence, just book it - You will have no regrets!!

Date of experience: March 2017
Kirk E, Owner at St Lucia Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Discover Authentic St Lucia, learn some of the really cool things your digital camera can do, then go out and get the most amazing vacation pictures during the rest of your vacation.

That's what we'll make happen for you - Guaranteed...

Best of all - You'll have the pictures to privet!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I am passionate about landscape photography, so I researched for a tour before our trip to St. Lucia. I found Kirk Elliott and I was very impressed from the start of our phone conversation. He was very pleasant and professional over the phone, and he customized a photography tour for be that we broke into two days. Needless to say, I went home very pleased with our tour. Not only did we hit great locations, but his teaching on Photography was a hands on Workshop with plenty of learning. I consider myself beyond a novice/beginner before I got there, Kirk was able to bring me even further in my love for Photography Art.

Date of experience: June 2017
Kirk E, Owner at St Lucia Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

What a special Private Photo Tour this turned out to be. Gerome wanted to shoot a sunrise and a sunset and since I'm no sunrise person (I know - crazy for a photographer right; but then again I love the vibrant colours of the Caribbean anytime after 8:00 AM)

So ahead of Gerome's arrival I scouted a rugged and barren area of St Lucia's east coast that I thought would be perfect, then started off at 3:00 AM to meet up with Gerome so we could be on location before sunrise.

Well what a treat that turned out to be and Gerome got some stunningly spectacular images as a reward for all of our efforts.

Now that rugged east coast location has become a favourite spot for me!

The beauty of these Private Photo Tours is that you set the agenda then I find ways to get you even more than you bargained for.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We visited St Lucia for the first time for a friend's wedding and my sister found this tour on TripAdvisor, as she knew that my mum and I love taking pictures but were keen to improve our photography skills. After checking the reviews, I decided to take the plunge - what better way to see the island than through the eyes of a photographer?

Mum and I were lucky enough to book on a day where there only two of us had booked, so this was more like a personal photography course. Kirk picked us up from our villa and his bubbly personality immediately assured us that we had a fantastic day ahead of us! Kirk took us through the basics of how the camera works, what the aperture does (the maths went slightly above me and Mama's heads, but we got the gist!), when to use shutter priority and his own special theory of photography which included drilling into us the question "what's the story?"

It's amazing how your photos can be transformed by understanding the basics and realising the importance of having the question of "what's the story?" in your head and actually thinking about the photo that you want to take before you take the shot. Going to Marigot Bay was brilliant as you realise that there are incredible photo moments everywhere - you just have to know where to look. As I said to Kirk, "I really want your eyes"! I may not have got Kirk's eyes, but by sharing his photography insights with us I think he really has transformed my eyes!

It doesn't matter if you're a novice or keen photographer, if you are visiting St Lucia and want to see the island in a new way whilst improving your skills, you should definitely book this tour. Thanks again for a great Kirk! We will now ALWAYS ask ourselves "what's the story?" before we pick up the camera!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Kirk E, Owner at St Lucia Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Whether it's 2 persons or 22 the St Lucia Photo Tour is all about rocking one helluva St Lucia Party with photography as your key to admission. So it's learning how your camera really works, and figuring out how to tame the beast that it can sometimes be so that you end up making the pictures you really want rather than just taking the pictures your camera in Auto would otherwise serve you up.

... And once again I believe that we accomplished that and even more ... and Jules and her Mama have got the pics to prove it!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

My husband and I booked a private photo tour with Kirk. I really wanted to have some instruction on taking photos with just my iPhone and it turns out that Kirk was just the person to help. When I informed him that I only had my iPhone, he responded "Well, the best camera is the one you have so lets get going."

He was fun, happy, informative and I could tell he had a zest and a zeal for photography. He helped me to try and compose a great picture using easy to remember rules about light and space. He was patient with me and also helped to see what elements in photography I am already good at.

Although I didn't have some fancy digital camera, I learned so much about taking pictures even with my iPhone and I felt that our tour was worth every dollar we spent. It was a full day pretty much from 9am-3pm. The pricing included lunch.

I have no hesitations recommending this tour.

Date of experience: May 2017

So I meet up with Shanni & Phil down at Sugar Beach Resort and Shanni informs me that she has an iPhone and she wants to learn how to make amazing pictures and I wonder to myself - Oh my, what have I gotten into now!

But cellphones these days have got such great cameras that I knew it would be a charm ... plus really great pictures are made in the head long before you pick your camera up and that's a big part of what I teach on the Photo Tour.

And that's exactly what I introduced Shanni to. We had a blast and Shanni got a whole new insight into how to shoot great pictures with whatever is the camera you happen to have.

And as for Phil. Well he was happy just watching the numerous aha moments Shanni had; and Shanni was happy that he was just relaxing and forgetting about stuff back at the office...

This was one of my best Photo Tours ever simply because of how it kept me on my toes :-) :-)

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We were in port in St. Lucia for one day and I arranged to have Kirk's photo tour for our small family- two adults w/ widely disparate levels of familiarity with digital photography and a young 9-year old whose primary interests were loving old forts and the beach. Kirk shared his extensive expertise in photography- helping with technical photography basics as well as composition, picture planning suggestions, and constructive advice with alternative suggestions for photos taken. We really appreciated everything we learned- my husband is so thrilled that I no longer use the 'manual' setting on our DSLR and I'm thrilled with experimenting with techniques and angles and am loving the shots I'm coming up with. And our son loved the extra consideration Kirk made in making sure he got to go to someplace (an old fort) that he had interest in.
Lunch was delicious and Kirk made sure to take us to Marigot Bay for some beautiful photos. We thoroughly enjoyed our full day photo tour with Kirk, loved the personalized attention and immediately implemented his teachings in all of our subsequent port visits! We highly, highly recommend Kirk and this touring option to anyone who is looking to take their photography abilities to the next level. Kirk is extremely personable and nothing but accommodating to his guests and clients.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank tricities
Kirk E, Owner at St Lucia Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Always love it when I receive reviews from both the Photographer and the accompanying spouse or partner; especially since I would often wonder if the non-photographer was having a good time.

So I've made a point of ensuring that the Photo Tour is a combination of fun & photography ... can I spell that as "phun" instead?!

Had a really good time on this Private Photo Tour, in large part because Carmen - the photographer of the family - took time out to share what fueled her hubby and her son's passions well before arriving in St Lucia. And that made all the difference to our day...