“What's not to love?”

Sandals Regency La Toc
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort and had a wonderful experience. We had a 1st floor ocean-front room. We were close to the snack bar that served pizza and nacho's in the afternoon...my husband's favorites! The food was good, with our favorite resturant being the italian. The antipata buffet was excellent.

Overall the quality and variety of the food was above average. We've stayed at other all-inclusive chains and this is our favorite. We were able to enjoy the chef's table dinner for returning guests. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and newly renovated.

The snorkeling was good as was the catamaran trip to the volcano.

We are looking forward to planning our next visit to LaToc. We will upgrade to a suite with the private pool! One can dream....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tami H

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at Sandals Le Toc with my husband for our anniversary last month.

We had a lovely grande luxe Beach front Honeymoon room with a large balcony.

Sandals resorts are on some of the best beaches on the island of St Lucia, and you have the advantage of a sandals bus that will take you to any of them. We were not too worried about seeing all of the resorts as Le Toc had everything we needed for a relaxing 1 week holiday.

The only negatives I have is that unless you are on honeymoon or getting married, your special day (ie 32nd anniversary) is kind of overlooked. Reception will ask you for your anniversary date but whereby if it's your honeymoon etc a great fuss and beach cocktail party and flowers etc are laid on for you, your anniversary will pass unacknowledged, so I was not sure why they bothered to ask.

The other negative is that I had to call reception to get shampoo replenished half way through the week and also to ask for the complementary soft drinks in my fridge to be restocked a couple of times.

Now for the good parts..the food is exceptionally good both at the Buffett restaurant for breakfast and all of the evening al a carte restaurants. Don't miss the Emperors Feast at Kimono's which is a show in itself. Le Toc restaurant is the French a la carte, Best meal I have possible ever had, and I have eaten at top restaurants all over the world, including the Four Seasons restaurant in Le George V, Paris and the jules Verne in the Eiffle Tower, Paris. The cricketers is an English pub (American style) and the food here is ok, nothing terriblly special but great atmosphere and the latest opening hours so good if you want a mid-night snack.Kimonos also serves up a mean sushi Buffet in the afternoon..there is also an Italian restaurant and a beach side restaurant with pizzas, steaks, sea-food etc.

The drinks are ok, some a little sickly and the spirits are local, not top brands, but they are fine and I found myself drinking Cava as opposed to my usual favoured red wine, mainly because the red wine seemed too heavy although it was pleasant enough with meals. You can buy premium bottles of champagne and wine for a supplement if you want to.

The island route desk was great and we enjoyed Horse riding in the forest and down onto the beach, then bare back riding in the sea...I never realised horses could swim :)

Some guests were putting good use to the butler service in the hire category rooms, but to honest I would have felt a bit pretensious having a butler in full service uniform bringing my drinks to the pool when there were enough servers doing exactly the same at the beach and pools anyway.

Sandals photographers are everywhere snapping shots of you and if you want to you can purchase these although there is no obligate to do so, we bought a 11 photo disk as the photos were really nice and it was a special occasion.

I would definitely go back to Sandals again, possibly to Antigua next time, it is a quality resort and I think it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are nice although go for a grand luxe with full balcony as others are just French...
3  Thank littleboo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We went to La Toc for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and this resort did not disappoint us! We stayed in one of the 2 story villas on sunset bluff and the view was breathtaking. Our butlers Shanna and Ficus were fabulous, and they provided anything that we needed, from room service, champagne, towels at the beach, reserved beach chairs, and reservations for tours, bubble baths and always had our favorite wine and crown and coke ready for us. This was the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. We never met anyone on staff that was not friendly and helpful.

We spent several days in the Red Zone spa and "Sparkles" was AWESOME!!!! She went beyond and above the customer service I was expecting!

All of the restaurants were pretty good, we actually went off the resort one night to Rain Forest Get A Way and that was by far one of our favorites. Service at all restaurants and bars was great!

We did take one tour while we were there, we took the catamaran to swim, site see & eat some local food & the mud bath was the funniest! It was worth the extra money, and it was great to leave the resort and see the island. We celebrated our anniversary with dinner on the beach and the service and food was excellent.

We paid to take the helicopter in from the airport and this was well worth the money once we took the car ride back to the airport on departure. Both my husband and I were almost car sick from the ride. Next time we will invest in both trips by air!!

Room Tip: Two story Sunset Villa
3  Thank Compton_12
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We went to Sandals La Toc for our honeymoon. We had a great time and were able to relax which was our number one goal. We took a helicopter ride from the airport to a smaller airport near the resort which meant about a 30 minute tour of the island from above. This was a great choice since the auto ride was about 2 hours. We had to take a short little trip through town which gave us a chance to see the locals of St. Lucia and the market place. This was our first all-inclusive resort and we were not disappointed at all from the concierge service to the food. The staff was very pleasant and happy to be around. They seemed to enjoy their job and have a good time! I would recommend St. Lucia to anyone wanting a little R and R. The only thing that was disappointing was the bed. The mattress was super hard which caused me to have a sore back when I got up. We spoke with several other couples who had the same experience with the bed, which made us really ready to go home. Other than that it was a great resort with wonderful food and drinks.

3  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We went to La Toc for our honeymoon and this resort did not disappoint! We stayed in one of the 2 story villas on sunset bluff and the view was beautiful. Our butlers Shanna and Ficus were fabulous, and they provided anything that we needed, from room service, champagne, towels at the beach, reserved beach chairs, and reservations for tours.

All of the restaurants were pretty good, but Armando's and La Toc were by far our favorites. Service at all restaurants and bars was great!

We did take two tours while we were there, the Rainforest Canopy zipline and Joe Knows. Both were worth the extra money, and it was great to leave the resort and see the island. We also paid extra for a couples massage at the spa, and this was also well worth it.

Room Tip: Sunset bluff is where we stayed, and from talking to other couples, it sounds like this was the best...
4  Thank 651Sarah_S_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
17.4 km away
20 km away
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK