So my husband and I stayed at La Toc! We had a wonderful holiday. The staff will do anything to make you happy. I huge hello to Priscilla at Neptune's. The hotel grounds are kept clean. The staff , no matter who they are will stop to pick up garbage or tidy up the chairs. It does not matter as long as the job it done. The staff always had a hello as we walked the grounds.
The rooms are very clean but I can see what people mean about it being a little dated. Even so clean is what I am after and that it was.
I would like to say however that the sister hotels are not as close as we were lead to believe.
It is a bus ride to Grande of about 45 minutes and Halcyon is about 20 minutes. So it is not a quick trip. We never really felt the need to go over there with so much to do at LaToc.
As restuarants go. There is a buffet at the Pavillion. This runs every morning with slim pickins. That is for sure. No fruit unless you like melon. I was lucky that I got pineapple one morning. You have to wait for scrambled eggs at the omelette station which is annoying. They should just have that in the warmers. We ended up going to Armando's, where they have a la cart for breakfast. Much nicer. Also 3 of the restaurants are closed on Monday and Friday night. You have to go to the street party or the beach party. They were good but if you don't like all the noise tough luck! You also have to have reservations for La Toc ( French Restaurant) and for Kimonos ( Japanese).
We also found that you have to go down to the pool at about 7:30 ish to get chairs or you will be sitting in the full sun all day. The Butlers get pics in before that hour. If you are looking for a nice quiet pool I suggest the pool beside the Pitons. It is small so get there early for chairs. A girl will come around often to get you drinks and even bring lunch.
One huge tip is be careful in the ocean. While we were there 2 people were playing in the waves. 1 man broke his ankle and 1 broke her leg. The guards will come around and urge people to stay out of the water unless they are strong swimmers. Take the advise!!!!!
Even the yellow flag does not mean a whole lot. That is what is was when the accidents occurred!!!
We really enjoyed ourselves. The food was very good the grounds clean and the room very compfortable and clean.
I understand people can find things to complain about and I could but all in all the holiday was fun and fattening.
One last thing is the ride into the hotel was great. People who complain have not taken the drive in to the Riu in Costa Rica. Now that is a roller coster ride!!!
Enjoy LaToc it is a great holiday. Maybe a little overpriced but makes you want to enjoy each day to the fullest to get your money's worth!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries