We stayed in February 2012 for 2 nights… We arrived at the Rendezvous after a really poor and disappointing experience for 5 nights at the Stonefield Estate Villa Resort, which had almost destroyed any hope we had of St. Lucian hospitality.
Fortunately, the moment the porter opened the door to our taxi greeting us, our hopes were instantly revived as it was a breath of hospitable fresh air! Even though we were early for check in arriving at around 12.30 we were taken into the lounge area and seated by the porter who went to find someone from the reception team to come and see us. Our room would not be ready until 2 but we were told to enjoy lunch and they would come and find us if it was ready sooner.
The room was really nice, very clean and fresh – although the bath had not actually been cleaned properly which became apparent when we turned the shower on . However everywhere else was spotless.
We are used to all inc in the Maldives, so were worried it wouldn’t come up to scratch but we were very pleasantly surprised as the food was really good – great choice, and compared the extortionate prices wehad been paying at the previous resort it was far superior – the Beef Wellington served on the first evening was a really nice surprise!
I will confess, we are mid 30s and did feel at the younger end of the scale, but not a problem for us, we just went to relax in the sunshine. There were a couple of moments though when sunbathing at the spa pool all of a sudden there was a mad rush for the water aerobics and I found myself humming along to the “Kellermans” song (from dirty dancing!) but it was funny and a distraction for a little while to watch.
Of the 2 main pools we stayed by the spa pool as it was quieter and more private, we feared there may always be a struggle to get a sunbed, but there was no problem at all. The lazy river idea was brilliant and lovely to go and find your very own completely private, romantic spot in the sun and your own piece of pool.
The guy that looked after us around the pool during the day was brilliant, fruit punch was lush, lovely ice pops, cold towels friendly service whereby we didn’t even need to ask for a drink he would just appear with one for us.
Cocktails were great, and all the staff good, attentive and friendly. We have never gone for the afternoon tea before in any of our All inc. previsou experiences, however we could not refuse on this one – a later afternoon cocktail with their lovely choice of afternoon nibbles was a must!
The beach is a public beach, so you cant expect the same you might expect from a private island resort but it was ok, its nice to see some culture and some of the locals going about their business.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days here and wish we had come for longer! We would definitely go back, I booked through Destinology and got a premium GV room for £325 AI per day per room. I also must mention I made a mistake when I booked but Destinology corrected the booking and sorted the refund straight away with no hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries