We stayed here in November 2011 for 10 nights and had an ocean view room which was very big and comfortable but I was not happy with the lack of ocean I saw due to large palm trees outside the window. The reception staff were very very helpful, we got upgraded for free to a one bedroom apartment with a sun terrace and panoramic views of the ocean. Unfortunately it did rain a lot during our stay but our sun terrace which was partly sheltered was much appreciated.
Food was excellent, a variety of restaurants and never too busy. You do need to be quite fit as the resort is on a hill so lots of walking. The hotel do supply a mini bus which is always going up and down picking up and dropping off people if you do not want to walk.
The beach is lovely and sandy but the ocean was disappointing as the mud from the mountains and hills would slide into the water, so the sea was very cloudy and silty, not good if you like to snorkel.
Several trips where available but we did not want to participate in these due to being a migraine sufferer, I just wanted to stay put.
The staff at all the bars and restaurants were very friendly and helpful, the entertainment was fun, don't miss the managers cocktail party, every Tuesday evening, free drinks and nibbles and market stools for those holiday purchases. The room cleaners were lovely and trusting, I really could not fault the resort at all, oh and the breakfast buffet had such a variety of food, hot and cold, freshly cooked choices too. If you like cats, there were some resort cats that hang about at the restaurants, very healthy looking cats, we enjoyed feeding them, quite friendly and the staff did not seem to mind. The gym was basic but enough to exercise and had sea views. A must resort to visit. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries