My finance and I stayed here at the end of February 2012 for 4 nights. Our accommodation was a villa with its own small swimming pool about 1/3 of the way up the substantial hill/mountain the resort is built on. The main eating areas and bars are basically beach-side and the rooms/villas overlook the beach, up the steep hill that only very fit were likely to try on their own; as there is a well run group of small buses used to transport folks up and down.
Overall, the resort had a lot going for it, but it was built 20 plus years ago and that aging is showing up all over. A substantial investment in updating is due if it wants to keep its 4 Star
rating; and I would only give it a 3.5 right now.
It is a very quiet place and there is very little "night life" to keep you up to the "wee hours", so young partiers are totally out of luck here.
The restaurants were OK, but just OK. The buffet breakfast came prepaid with our villa and that was our choice of best food. We found eating heartily at breakfast held us over until dinner
thereby avoiding so-so lunch offerings that are priced similar to major North American restaurant fair...no deals here. The bars were relatively pricey...again similar to North American prices...dinner for two with two drinks about $100-$125.
Now for the good things...the staff were great, always helpful. The beach was small but very nice. The view from our villa was breathtaking and the sunsets some of the best anywhere.
If you want to try local food offerings, I would recommend "Laurel's" which is about $5 [US] away by cab. Their little bar area is a fun place to interact with locals and their prices 1/2 that at the resort whether food or drink.
All in all, I would rate this resort as a good value if you search around and find the substantial discounts being offered at various websites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries