“Not the same”
Review of Le Bartolomeo

Le Bartolomeo
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 85
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is from the bottom of our hearts that we thank you for your support and patience as we start our reopening journey for late 2018. Situated in the heart of the hotel's lush tropical gardens, Bartolomeo offers bistronomic cuisine. Showcasing the island’s best ingredients and bold Caribbean and Mediterranean spices, the menu is enhanced daily with the freshest seasonal market produce. At the adjacent lounge, guests enjoy a selection of wines by the glass, signature cocktails and fine liquors.
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Have been here 7 times over last 15 years. This used to be a Michelin 2star restaurant, but they refused to market it properly as a destination, and now it is a fancy bistro under the same name and same price levels. In March 2017 the food is not high caliber quality, mostly basic dishes, lot of filler like bland rice or potato, no special ingredients, minimal effort in artistic presentation. Feels cheap. Appetizer was frozen food. Dessert was like cookies and stuff. What happened to the fancy stuff from France? I want France not the crap in Key West! I hope they will fix this idiotic idea to offer low quality Americanized French food for the same high Michelin prices on St Barts. So sad to waste a dinner on St Barts!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Very disapointing food, with no flavor, some of the food seems frozen rewarmed,
expensive and slow service.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

The Hotel Guanahani is a lovely property and its fine dining restaurant merits a visit. We found the service very friendly and efficient. We felt most welcome though we were not guests at the hotel. The menu was quite limited and there was a focus on Italian food that night so we both ordered local Mahi Mahi as our main which was simply prepared but absolutely delicious. Our only complaint was that there were a limited number of main courses to choose from and several of them seemed more suited to a winter meal at home with snow outside (braised lamb shanks for instance), It did not leave much to choose from for those of us on a winter holiday on a Caribbean island escaping from winter.
We ordered wine by the glass and were most impressed with the serving size for the price.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

If you want to wait for your food for more than two hours, that is pre-cooked and cold then this is the place for you.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We have been to Bartolomeo numerous times. It is a very romantic setting. Nicely lit outdoors, the food always impeccable. What I am going to say next is difficult, and I will retract it if I'm proven wrong. I am an American and typically tip very very well. However on this visit I noted a line for tips on the credit card slip. On my trips to France I typically leave euros on the table or give them directly to the server as service is always included in France and St. Barthelemy is a territory of France. This time however the young lady server said "Oh no, we have gone to the American system where service is not included ". So I wrote in a 20 or 25% tip and left. The following evening at Isola we had a server who had waited on us previously and I asked him about this new "system" - was all of St. Bart's doing it or just Bartolomeo? He half smiled and said "Signore I am afraid you have been had. We are hearing more stories of young servers doing this to unsuspecting tourists. In France service is always included but for exceptional service you leave a little something extra on the table" which it what I always believed. I would like to hear from management about this situation.

1  Thank polamalu