“Great Food,Excellent Service & Wonderful View”
Review of Bonito St Barth

Bonito St Barth
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonito St Barth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Gustavia
Price range: US$ 58 - US$ 105
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Our friends know the Island well & couldnt wait to take us to Bonito great service imaginative cocktails served in light bulbs!
Extensive menu great description from our waiter superb wines etc I opted for the smoked Scallops to start fantastic bit of theatre arrived in a glass cloche when the cloche removed the aroma & gentle smoke disperses absolutely amazing.
Great atmosphere & wonderful view of the harbour.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter of 13yrs told me about this hotel as she'd read about it on social media!! There are 2 sittings 7pm & 9pm so we opted for the latter. I was so glad we took a cab as it's rather hard to find. The interior of the restaurant was light & cosy. The atmosphere was buzzing, they even had a DJ playing some great music. The food was delightful. Service was attentive, knowledgable & friendly. Overall we had a fantastic evening. Would thoroughly recommend & if I'm ever back in St Barts would return.

1  Thank blanch02
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The food was served impeccably, the staff know the menu back and forth. The Desserts were truly a must have. the Tiradito selection is very good

1  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Don't go here!!! If you want to experience real french cuisine and charming and excellent service you eat 10 times better at Villa Marie! The service at Bonito is terrible (example: without asking they bring you more and more water) Food is ok but for the price really not good enough. Tourist rip off place.

1  Thank Susanne D
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The hype surrounding our visit to Bonito was palpable. We had been hearing about this restaurant for days leading to our first visit and dinner with good friends. The general feeling from people we talked to leading up to our reservation was that Bonito was not to be missed on a first trip to St. Barths. We were excited, to say the least.

The entrance to the restaurant is on the side of a steep hill on Rue Lubin Brin. There is valet, however, we parked down the hill and walked up. The sense of arrival is memorable. You get the feeling that something amazing is just behind the reception desk and around the corner. And oh my, the restaurant is stunning when you see it for the first time. From the panoramic view of Gustavia harbor, to the white furniture throughout, to the over sized wicker chandelier shades, it's really one of kind in it's lay out and decor. We were seated at a table with views of the harbor. We got there early so as not miss the daytime views of the harbor, and that was a good idea.

Cocktails
We ordered four unique cocktails from their extensive list. We heard about the inventive bar tending at Bonito and the expensive drinks, so our expectations were high. My friend and I had the Smoky Mule with mezcal and orange bitters, which was fantastic. My wife had the Sex in the Bath which comes in a mini bathtub with a small plastic yellow duck and bubbles. A fun drink to no doubt. My friends wife had the La Chicachaca and loved it as it came with a large piece of watermelon in it. All around a good start to dinner. We also ordered a bottle of sancerre, which turned out to be very good.

Dinner for me began with the "minute" smoked scallops which comes out slightly smoked with a lid encasing the smoke that is removed table side. Impressive presentation. The scallops were excellent and not overdone. For my entree I had the spiny lobster risotto which also was very good. Nice amount of lobster and the risotto wasn't too creamy or heavy. Great dish and the portion was just right.

My wife had the Bonito Tacos, which were very good but also a bit spice for her. I believe the pico de gallo had some kick to it, which she was unaware of when ordering.

My friend had the octopus tiradito which was just fantastic. Little potatoes and black olives came with the charred octopus. So good! His wife had the Lomo Saltado which is the Peruvian sliced tenderloin with red onion, potatoe cake and quail egg on top. What a flavorful steak dish! Amazing. This was the star of the dinner.

For dessert we had a trip of sorbets, which all were good. We also had the tres leches cake which was so good. It had meringue and dulce de leche ice cream on it.

Our server was good, if a bit harried. She seemed to be busy and frantic, even though the restaurant wasn't yet that busy. Overall she was good, however and the night went really well.

Ambiance
The restaurant is stylish and casually elegant. The views from the circular area tables in front of the bar are of Gustavia harbor and are just stunning. The bar area sits in the middle of the restaurant and provides a good vantage point for people watching.
The lighting is low in the space and the large wicker chandelier covers create a romantic mood.

Overall
We loved Bonito, even if the prices are high. The cocktails are inventive, the food is excellent and nicely presented, and the service is good. Bonito does live up to it's hype for the most part. I would highly recommend at least stopping in for a drink and possibly dinner.

2  Thank cbrislin