All reviews breakfast and dinner demi pension room refrigerator grilled red snapper double sink vanity bacon and eggs beach view beach chairs rental car chocolate croissant filet key card buffet style half hour anse mitan nice beach mini fridge
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a week in oct/November2017 and was both pleasantly surprised and disappointed.
Pool-I was very impressed how the entire hotel appeared to be wheelchair accessible. My family and I had no parties in wheelchairs however there were Ramps, wheelchair elevators, and even a wheelchair lift to be able to get in the pool. The pool was nice and was never over crowded.

Food- I was disappointed with this. There were fruit flies every night that were openly allowed to be on the food. I tried taking food from the bottom but still somehow managed to always find a fly in my food. The pickings were slim and for purchasing the all inclusive option it didn’t feel inclusive at all. One night my children had only rice and bread. The all inclusive option doesn’t include lunch or drinks. One morning I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t have breakfast but my kids did. A short time later I went back to get a croissant and was told because I came in earlier and sat for breakfast that I wasn’t allowed to have a second serving. Buy drinks at the supermarket and use the in room refrigerator because drinks at the hotel are unnecessarily expensive.

Rooms- our room was very nice. Ask for an updated room. FYI a lot of the channels are in French however there is a prompt on the remote that allows you to change one or two of the channels to English . This was the Highlight of our trip after the third day and having barely no one on the island or in our hotel speak english. The room does not come standard with the remote and you have to get it from the front desk.

Excursions- carol at the excursion desk was nothing short of amazing. Lovely lady who speaks English and will help you book anything you need. I recommend the helicopter ride over the island. I spent roughly 280 Euros for three people with ATF aviation. Franchette at atf was helpful and English speaking. Heliblue is much more expensive and triple the price.The hotels option is Heliblue but I asked carol to call atf which she facilitated

There is a little town called village creole that is a 5 minute walk down the street. More Americanized restaurants, local shopping, and a casino. Hotel didn’t even mention this place to me and someone on the beach shared this gem.

Come prepared with euros as it was difficult finding a place to exchange money other than at the airport or in Fort de France.

Fort de France- there is a ferry on the beaches ocean front that takes u into Fort de France. A must do. We visited the museum and did some shopping. Once you get off the boat there are shops to your left selling souvenirs... don’t buy there ..if you walk across the street or into any of the stores n the town it will be much cheaper.
The marche (marketplace) is a nice place to stop at and is a local market where we had lunch and bought some fruit.

Download a translator app because you will need it.

Driving- we didn’t rent a vehicle. If you plan to visit any other place other that Fort de France or a place by boat.....You will need to rent a car. A 20 minute car ride costs nearly 80 US dollars as taxis are metered.

The hotel will provide Transport to and from the airport for roughly 100 euros per couple.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Hotel Bambou M, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Bambou, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hello,
Thanks to share your experience at the hotel.
We're surprised by your comment about the flies in the food but we'll make sure this not happen again.
We don't have all inclusive option but only american plan( breakfast, lunch and diner, without drinks) or half-board (breakfast and diner), for the drinks, we propose flat rate.
We'll try to improve ourself about every negative point.
All the island work to a better welcome of english people.
Nonetheless, we hope you enjoyed your stay.
See you soon !

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for the perfect beach side lunch - then this is the place. They weren't very busy when we arrived so were able to get a table almost on the beach. Two of us had fresh lobster - so after choosing our lobster from the tank - it was then perfectly grilled - and eaten by us! This was a real treat and one we would recommend. One of our friends had the prawns and the other had fish - both of these meals were excellent. The wait staff were efficient and very friendly - service could have been a bit slow - but we weren't in a hurry, we just enjoyed our long lunch, the casual beach atmosphere and of course the really good food. We highly recommend you come here when you are visiting Anse Mitan at Trois-Ilets.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We sat on their balcony and had a drink and appetizers. They offered us their beach chairs as well. The beach is soft sand and hardly any waves. A great place for kids or for a day relaxing on a float. Also, if you walk under the bridge and walk out to the small clusters of coral there is some great snorkeling. My kids also took out a jet ski which was right next to the hotel. It was a little pricey $50 per half hour but they could both ride the jetski together and a guide went with them. They loved it!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Traveled march 9 to 16th. Lovely hotel, cottage style ,colourful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay, the cottage was nice ,spacious,comfortable and clean. Air conditioning, water pressure everything was just fine. We had the Demi pension, which is continental breakfast and buffet style super. Our room a few steps from the pool, restaurant which is right on the beach . You can take the boat across to Fort de France a few steps from the hotel for a few euros. Now I must says anyone under 50 years old may not like it, we found most guests were probably over 60, lot's of
families with children and grand-parents great resort for this. Entertainment every evening, dancing, bathing suit show, creole dancers. Etc...
We enjoyed breakfast great croissants and chocolatine, fresh fruit, cold meat and cheese... as for the buffet I suppose it was good for most people, Maybe I'm a little fussy, not a Creole foody type. I must say though for lunch the beach restaurant was excellent and prices were the same as elsewhere.
We both really enjoyed this hotel, it' originality, great service and cleanliness definitely would recommend ..

Room Tip: Room 100 is the best available or any number in the 90,s
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lise D
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Cute spot, food was meh, english speaking front staff, near some shopping, evening entertainment was entertaining but they only spoke in french. Nice area on the beach and staff was pretty accommodating. The only thing they could improve is the food. If i were to visit again I would consider this place a 2nd time.... hoping the food menu changes.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family