“Fancy resort dining”

Sorce
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Plusses- upscale, interesting menu, beautiful setting with views of the ocean at the lovely W hotel. Good portions; had two starters and split a pasta dish and it was enough food. Had seen some complaints about slow service, but ours was very very good. The downside is it expensive, it was the most expensive place we ate all week, and we had less expensive meals that were better or as good. Would be a nice place to go for a special occasion.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

This is the only choice for dinner in the W Hotel (and for a good distance away). My wife had the grilled Caribbean lobster (market price $40) and I had shrimp and mofongos. Karolina was a super waitress -- even taught me how to make mofongos.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

The quality of the food was really good at all meals, but the services was very slow in the morning. I was hard to get refills on water and coffee; evening was much better with getting refills on water or wine. Try the native Puerto Rican fare. Some of the items are very rich, but taste incredible. I was surprised that they had Maine lobster, which I later found out is their fall-back if they cannot get Caribbean Reef Lobster. There are no ports on Vieques, so although seafood is abundant, it is brought in from the main island.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

You can see a better description at my review of the W resort, but let me just say that the service in this place was the worst I've experienced in more than a decade. My recommendation with this restaurant is to stay away. Food is decent, but overpriced, but the wait staff and hostess simply don't care.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

The Sorce restaurant is part of The W Hotel on the island of Vieques and the property itself is just fabulous! Think high quality standards of The W on this tiny island of Vieques...you couldn't ask for more!

The service was impeccable and the food, well, just scrumptious!!! We were a large group of 12 and sat outside, right by the ocean, you could smell the salt in the air and the environment was just so relaxing, trendy yet family friendly.