“A great, great place to stay with just a couple...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room is a large open space, airy & bright.
The Great Room has lots of seating & different areas to hang out in. Gaming table, dining table and bar counter
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room is a large open space, airy & bright.
The Great Room has lots of seating & different areas to hang out in.
Gaming table, dining table and bar counter
Queen back bedroom with banana trees out both windows.
Queen Bedroom
King Bedroom
King Bedroom
Kitchen fully outfitted
Newly renovated bathroom
Welcome to CASITA ROSITA with its lush tropical yard
The gate keeps the wild horses out.
Vieques is full of wildlife: from frogs to dogs, horses to turtles, roosters to cats, fish to crab
Backyard with view of water
Water view of he Carribean sea a block away
Big Back Decks with lots of seating.
Pick bananas from the walkway around to backdeck and entrance.
Walkway from outdoor shower to front of house
Large outdoor shower includes dry seating area, hooks & shelves.
The outdoor shower is surrounded by banana trees.
Big back deck
Laying in the hammock looking at the water
You can always hang up the hammock!
Under the shade of the Mango Tree
Shady front porch with lots of seating
Front porch with couch, chairs and cafe table
View through the front porch blooms of the Mina tree, native to PR, prized by locals.
Horses out on the street as seen through front door of Casita Rosita
Market right around the corner, Bakery next too
We are 3 doors up from coastal rd., 1 blk. to nearest beach, caretakers house seen on right side.
Promenade along the sea 1 blk. frm CASITA ROSITA
Great place to walk and hang out
And across the street are teh 9 restaurants & bars in the neighborhood
Sit by the water and see the island and fishing boats
One of many beaches near the house: on Esperanza & Sun Bays
Wild horses roam the island. Colts are common.
Malecon promenande in our neighborhood.
Lazy Jacks 3 blks away from Casita Rosita.
There's shade when you need it on most of our 20+ beaches.
Organic market on Tuesdays & Wednesdays by the GE Plant.
Ferry dock in Vieques: 'publico' taxi vans meet all ferrys except the last one of the night.
Ferry coming into Vieques in the Isabel Segunda town bay.
These are the roots of the Ceiba Tree
La Chiva Beach in Refuge
Horses in the Sun Bay state park meadow--beach just beyond
Old Lighthouse Well: sights of Vieques
Blue Beach/La Chiva Beach in Refuge
Great Views from the Marisol Fort Museum
Cabanas at Blue Beach, La Chiva, in the refuge.
Love BLUE BEACH
Dozens of beaches in Vieques to choose from
Fort Marisol Museum is free and hosts events open to the public
The Malecon promenade at night
Malecon at day.
Vieques Parade
The furthest beach going past SunBay
Tired Baby Horse at Sunbay with Mama
Bananas on the Malecon has is one of my new favorites under a new chef/ownership.
Draw Wildflower of Vieques Vacation package available
Hang out a the W Resort at dusk for happy hour & the outdoor fire
Vendors on the Esperanza promenade that is called 'Malecon' in Spanish.
Esperanza Bay is our one of two major bays in our neighborhood, including private beaches & coves.
our 'boardwalk' right in the neighborhood is made of concrete, and looks out over the water.
Daily specials at Duffy's in the neighborhood.
Fresh fish is aplenty in the neighborhood.
Welcome to CASITA ROSITA
King front Bedroom
Games, books, puzzles, beach gear and more
Casita Rosita is thoroughly outfitted
Dining Room & Kitchen combo
Mango season in the back yard
Banana trees all over the yard
Ornamental wall out front & the lush front yard garden
CASITA ROSITA glows with life & tropical energy even at night.
Hang out, eat, lounge, read in the privacy created by the tropical front yard.
Home Sweet Home
Shower among the banana trees.
You got our number!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 40 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
CASETS
“A great, great place to stay with just a couple of minor setbacks”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

To facilitate the review experience, I have divided the review into the PRO's, the CON's and the "IN-BETWEENS:
PRO's:
1.Home is spacious enough for our party ( 2 adults, two teenagers) and once I saw the kids were pleased, I knew everything would be OK. OUr kids were a little too grown to share a bed so we deployed an inflatable bed which did the trick. The nights were breezy and fresh , but we could use the air conditioners in the room if we wanted to. Additionally, the living room area had a wonderful AC that was great after spending all day out in the beach and sun.
2.The kitchen and especially the bathroom are extremely well stocked. There is hardly anything that you could not find in either room- from personal hygiene items to over-the-counter medicines, all to your disposition. It seemed customary to use them and leave some behind for others' use after yourselves was sort of an unspoken nice rule. There is washer and dryer in the back of the house and later I found out there is a built-in, enclosed shower for after a beach trip, perfect for washing off the salty water and refreshing after a sunny day.
3.Yvonne the manager- an icon of local hospitality, she met us at the house to help us set up. Yvonne is a Vieques local, super attentive neighbor hostess that would take care of absolutely anything you need with an amazing disposition. She will bring you local fruits and will attend to your needs immediately. She is also a neighbor down the road so often times we stopped to ask her about various things and she charmingly would help us, or even her family. She also makes delicious "flan" of 3-4 different flavors- we ordered two the last day but couldn't enjoy them as she had a day trip to Puerto Rcio that day. They come in family and personal sizes, you should try them!
4.The food places were great and close by- we went often to Belly Buttons. I wanted the family to have local latin food but to respect their needs, we visited Belly Buttons often. We loved the music and the food was super tasty. The owners and employees were great with us and very hospitable. The last day we chose another restaurant to have the taste of local food and was great.
5. The house is also at walking distance- around the corner from the house at about 100 meters or less- to the local grocery (which had nostalgic snacks you don't find not even in amazon) and bakery shops, and everything for the house. It carried a large variety of Goya products, which are my favorites. So I was pleased.
CON's:
1.The sounds of the neighborhood may not be for everybody. My family and I were most of the day out and about and would come back to close the house to air conditioning. At night my family was too exhausted to notice much of what went on in the neighborhood after hours even when we didn't use the air conditioner in the rooms, and being the only one awake and sleeping closer to the street, I picked up most of the sounds. I grew up in Puerto Rico so it was no surprise but for those that may be expecting quiet, this was my experience- I had a neighbor that seemingly had a fairly loud parrot that would on occasion go off at night- and both during the Saturday and Sunday we stayed, there was party-like loud music playing from what seemed like the front neighbor but likely beyond- it played until after midnight and especially after Saturday, was followed by loud rapper music until perhaps 3-4 AM. I am not sure if this happens every weekend or if it was just our weekend but, lIke I said before, you may be too exhausted and sleep through it but it may be a bit of a setback for light sleepers.
2. A second issue that again some may ignore or not is a front neighbor with several dogs which several times during the day or night would loudly quarrel amongst themselves. Again, that is the experience of living in a PR/Vieques neighborhood and take it at face value if you want to have the PR/Vieques local living experience, but not for those that are expecting hotel/resort-type night quiet.
3.The house is unbelievably well stocked with pretty much everything anybody could need in a vacation by the beach. We did have a couple of unfortunate situations. PLease beware that there are racquet-like items for mosquito repellence which are actually mosquito zappers. My son thought it was a sports racquet and started handling it as such without knowing that a little button on the handle would activate an electric shock that inadvertently a person who doesn't know the item might experience.It must have been intense at he screamed like I though he had hurt himself like a cut or a fall. I was a bit disconcerted that the handles were not labeled with some kind of attention-getter kind of message like "Not a sports item, do not touch the grid/mesh while activated or you will be shocked" etc etc. Even when I saw it I thought it was some kind of weird sports racquet, and never would have suspected it was for mosquito zapping, let alone an electrical grid in it. This problem may already have been addressed since our visit but, if not handled yet by owner, I wanted to alert you that it could be a hazard for small children, or anyone, that don't know these items in their own hometown.
4.Watch out for wild horses- they are really beautiful and interesting to watch and one of the island's proud touristic attractions. However, make sure the gate in the front of the house is completely closed once you retire at night or while you are out, or horses might actually trespass into the front of the house area. You might regret it!
in-between-
1.home is in a neighborhood- while there may be not as much privacy as I anticipated, the neighbors did not directly seem to mind us or not notice our ins and outs. However the house is nicely landscaped with local flowers and plants and is at about 100-200 meters from the beach , grocery shopand food joint.
2.There were about 4-5 kitties around the house. They are very cute and we had fun feeding them. Just a note for those that may not be fond of pets or domestic animals around during a vacation stay.

I would have given it 5:5 but I thought that, considering tourists that may have a high level of expectation from the vacation rental, they should know that this would be perfect for someone, couple or or a family who is ready to experience a local Vieques neighborhood, which I highly recommend when you come to a place like Vieques- but the neighborhood experience is not for everyone especially those with a resort- type of expectation. I know the owners have set up the house way and beyond what I had expected form a vacation rental, so keeping that in mind, the home set up and perks provided by Casita Rosita overshadows other minor setbacks you might want to know as I have explained above , although they should not deter you from pursuing a stay in Casita Rosita.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Lioness_g...
New York City, New York
“The best place I could have imagined on all of Vieques!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

I don't even know where to begin! From Rosie being an easy person to rent from, the caretaker being a sheer joy, the place being an island dream-house and the fruit trees all in the yard! Forget going anywhere else on Vieques. The place is incredibly beautiful. Homey and well decorated, clean, all the kitchen, bathroom and beach supplies you need! It felt super safe. Neighbors are awesome. The beach is a short walk as well as the Malecon full of restaurants. Honestly, I wish I were still there. Go. Stay here. Its a gem.

Travelling group: Friends
lbsandieg...
San Diego, California
“Great price, full of amenities, and close to the boardwalk!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in August 2013

My friend and I stayed at Casita Rosita for a week last August. We each had our own room with plenty of space. The kitchen and living room were open, plenty of space and the AC unit could be felt in this space the best. If you like to cook for yourself on vacay, this is an ideal place. The kitchen had everything you would need (pots, pans, knives) and there's a full size fridge. There was a cooler at the house, so we bought sandwich supplies and drinks at the local market (just around the corner) and took them to the beach each day. The house also had chairs, snorkel gear, a large umbrella, and plenty of other supplies you might need for the beach and would otherwise have to rent. It also seems like previous guests are generous enough to leave various things like sunscreen, bug repellant, itching cream etc (the medicine cabinet in the bathroom was stocked). We bought some water noodles and left those there for future guests to use as well. The backyard had a nice hammock you can set up or chairs to sit in. The local stray kittens liked to hang out here and were fun to watch while we sat back there. Depending on the time of year the mango and banana trees will have plenty of fruit for you to pick!

As far as location goes, I'm glad we stayed on this side of the Island. The house was about a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk where there's a handful of restaurants/bars. I've heard some reviews say that you could hear the nightlife at the bars all the way at the house, but I personally could not. The only noises I heard at night were the dogs parking (there's quite a few in the neighborhood), but the sound of the rain washed it out for me and I didn't have any issues sleeping. We had rented a jeep so we were able to drive to all of the beaches (i highly recommend renting a vehicle), the closest waterfront to the house was a bit to rocky to actually swim in.

Booking the house was so easy with Rosie! She's very kind and had everything set up for us. It was a great price for everything that it offered. If i ever went back to Vieques I would absolutely stay here again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Plenty of space and privacy, great location and great customer service!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
GreenAce8...
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Awesome house in Esperanza!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Seriously this house is your home away from home. Best garden on the block with fruit trees & more! The back yard is an awesome hangout spot because there's an awesome hammock to use & the lighting is great! Inside the house has everything you need & the best feature is the outdoor shower, you cant beat it. close to everything & peaceful. the locals were friendly & the neighborhood is charming, including the beautiful views of The Malecon. Great choice for a rental in Vieques!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Chicago
Reviewed 27 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing