“Very mediocre restaurant with a great view”
Review of Ocean View Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Ocean View Bar & Grill
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Description: Located in the Ocean View Hotel, on the water-front in Isabelle II on the island of Vieques, PR. Just up from the Ferry. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Sunday Brunch 8:00 - 1:00. Disco 9:00 pm - Close Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday.
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My son and I went to this restaurant based on previous trip advisor ratings. I'm not quite sure why it was ranked so highly. While the view is very nice overlooking the water near the ferry, the food and ambiance was not. We were the only one's in the restaurant and it left much to be desired.it was dirty, paint peeling off the walls and definitely could use an update.

Our salads were fine. We both ordered the shish kabobs. My son got the steak/lobster one. The meat looked like it had been out way too long and it smelled and tasted horrible, so I told him not to eat anymore because I was worried he was going to get sick. The lobster was fine, but we were so put off by my son's steak that we didn't eat much more. I wouldn't recommend this place and know that there are way better places to eat in Vieques than this one.

1  Thank kkendallgrove
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Being the first review of this ilk, I must say that I have taken some time to think about it before responding. As the owner, I am obviously displeased with your experience. However, I must ask the question, "Why, if you were displeased, did you not give us the opportunity to improve your experience?" I am truly sorry you did not have good experience here. My advice to you is, if things are not up to your expectations, let someone know: we want you to have the best experience. Best of luck in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

I was recently in pr to visit my grandma and I stumbled upon this restaurant! I went in for a drink and kept coming back. They have something going on, for every type of scenario. From brunch with the family, to happy hour with the locals, to a club you can party at until 5am

1  Thank pannolo
skonsin, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thanks!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Ocenview Bar & Grill is a lovely, relaxing restaurant for outdoor dining. The bar & grill are beautiful. I especially like the wood furniture they have. As soon as I walked in the over sized chair was calling my name. The menu is very good. However, I ordered a couple of tapas which are $1 and $2 and a house salad. My father ordered a BBQ pork sandwich and my mom ordered the Lobster Pincho. Both enjoyed their meal. You must keep in mind when you visit Vieques that time is of no consequence for them. So expect to wait a while for your meal - we waited about 45 mins. However, the view is so lovely you really don't notice the length of time it takes to get your meal. The cost is pretty average as to what you will find for a nice meal on Vieques.

Sit back relax and ease into the Caribbean way of life at the Ocen View Bar & Grill.

skonsin, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for your thoughts.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

accidentally ran into this place, and first I was just amazed by this great ocean view, nice breeze coming in to the open air space.
it's worth visiting just for the view.
but the food was amazing, too.
it didn't stop there.
Chef Sue, who is very sweet, even suggested that if we bring in some fresh caught fish from the nearby (just a few min walk) fish market, she can cook for us!
so we did.
we went to the market, got still alive grouper and lobster, brought to Sue, and a few hours later, amazing amazing dish was ready!!!!
what can be better and fresher than this?
freshest fish and an amazing ocean view.
just this experience alone makes a trip to Vieques worthwhile. really.
my only concern would be.....if this place gets too busy, maybe we cannot get a table anymore.....

1  Thank Jin H
skonsin, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thanks so much. I love it when you get involved, it makes it that much more special. Take care, see you next year!

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I had their cheese burger and fries. OMG!!! the best on the island!!! My husband ordered from their tapas and everything was great. Our bartender/sever Edward was awesome.

skonsin, Owner at Ocean View Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you!