The Lazy Hostel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
US$ 60
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
US$ 219
SeaGate Hotel(Isla de Vieques)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Hotels.com
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 167
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Check-in Vieques Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
US$ 191
Casa de Amistad(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
Acacia Guesthouse(Isla de Vieques)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom coolperfect locationair conditionerbeach towelssmaller roomsmall poola great place to staybiobay tourcasabakeryviequesbeachesislandunitscaribbeanrentingjeep
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here with family back in July 2010 for a wedding - my first tropical/carribean experience! The guest houses were perfect - and the AC didn't hurt either for someone used to Northeast weather like me! Definitely a relaxed, island feel. The owner/caretaker was very helpful and had good suggestions for places to go/eat. The neighborhood seemed a little dicey/ragged but I came to learn that was the island feel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by Casa de Tortuga. Our casita was clean, spacious, had a lovely duvet cover on the bed, and had all the basics like air conditioning, kitchenette, wireless internet (although we had to get close to the office for the wireless internet to work). Matt was really helpful - giving us a map and helping us find places to eat and things to do while we were there. It was just a block off the Malecon (boardwalk), with all its fun restaurants and great ocean views. The rates were reasonable, and the only downside was the roosters next door crowing all night (they didn't just restrict themselves to dawn :) Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomiyamaGirl
Reviewed 10 January 2012

If you are a relaxed traveler, visit Vieques and stay at Casa de Tortuga. If you want an expensive and fancy resort, go elsewhere. If you like the layed back lifestyle, definitely go the Vieques and book a room at Casa de Tortuga. We stayed five nights in December 2011 and found it perfect. The rates are reasonable, our room had everything we needed, including a microwave, coffee maker and refrig. Meet your fellow guests around the pool. You are a five minute walk from the restaurants and bars of Esperanza and a 20-25 minute walk to a lovely beach that you will have almost all to yourself. Matt the innkeeper makes Casa de Toruga work--he is available and provides very good advice on beaches, places to eat and drink, car rentals, options for gettng back and forth to San Juan, etc. He even made a reservation for us on a flight to San Juan on the day we were leaving because the ferry had been cancelled due to high seas. The roosters can be a bother but you will be telling "rooster stories" to your friends when you return home.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bfogel
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was an excellent place to stay for our vacation. The people that ran the place were very nice and always willing to help us with anything. It was close to the beach (a short walk away), and the rooms were very nice. You can hear roosters crowing at night, but we got used to that quickly, and the roosters are all over the island, so it's not easy to escape that.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gl0betrotter_98
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Before meeting my group for a cruise out of San Juan, I wanted to see the Bio Bay on Vieques. Since I was by myself I looked for a property in close walking distance to the beaches and the malecon. I chose Casa de Tortuga because it had kitchens, a pool, and was only a block to the main street of Esperanza. Plus, the casita was only $85.00 a night. I was delighted with the spacious room which was spotless and very cute. The pool was refreshing, and I enjoyed having a kitchenette. The owner, Matt, was very helpful, and there were all kinds of water toys and beach chairs for my use. The neighbors were noisy, and the view wasn't much, but otherwise it was an excellent choice.

Room Tip: There are different sizes and themes. I was in the least expensive, which was really a good size, and a huge bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo