All reviews continental breakfast visit vieques tradewinds malecon guesthouse esperanza dotty manana island barrio
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I stayed here with my son and his friend (ages 13 & 14). We flew in from Ceiba for the BioBay tour. Booked the tour and room package, which was convenient. Check in was easy and lady at desk was pleasant. Room was VERY basic - no TV or WiFi so the boys were shocked by that (fine by me though!). I've travelled all over the world and have seen a lot worse, but with kids accustomed to Marriott's, one night was enough - was a good learning experience for the boys. Good location, good price and adequate place to crash after bay tour.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I chose this place due to the decent reviews on tripadvisor. I would never recommend staying here, especially our room. The room we got was quoted on their website as a guest's favorite. It is not what I expected. I know it is very casual, but not to replace a missing knob to the bathroom sink is not right. The floor in the bathroom appeared dark and dirty. It was one of the worst night sleep I have ever had on an island. As soon as the restaurant is closed, the staff blasted the music out loud without considering that some of the guests are in bed sleeping. The lights in the hallway were on all night shining into the room through the screen above the door. The music finally stopped at 11:30pm, then the roosters and the dogs started. It went on all night, including music and tires burning from the streets. The staff were not friendly, including the gift shop crew. The only friendly person was our waitress during dinner. The view made up for the terrible experience, but i am sure there are better places in the area with a view.

Room Tip: stay as far away from the kitchen/ restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2winedine
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the guesthouse for four nights it was unplanned I walked in and the owner gave me a terrific rate which included full breakfast on weekends and continental breakfast on weekdays just that alone was a plus. It was very quiet there I had just stayed at another accommodation which was extremely noisy at night . Tradewinds is in a nice location at the far end of the Malecon. I was given a choice of several rooms downstairs on the lower patio. Those rooms were a little dark so I stayed in room number 10 which definitely had more window light the rooms were a little musty and claustrophobic but clean and cozy with very pleasant hand made murals and paintings on the walls
There was plenty of privacy. The staff was more than friendly and helpful and it was nice to have such a lovely restaurant but with such a lovely view of the above

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nina G
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Great location, right by the bars and the Espranza beach.
The rooms are on the smaller side but super clean and had everything we needed. I am not typically a big fan of bnbs but this place had lot of character!
The breakfast was good and the bar/restaurant attached to the hotel has great views!
All in all a great stay especially at the $150 per night that we paid!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Casita with my husband and mom this past weekend. The Casita consist of two full/queen beds, a small dresser, two small laps & end tables, a small refrigerator & one full bath. Functionally, the space worked fine i.e. there weren't any bugs(that we saw), the ac worked, bathroom had hot water & functioned well, beds weren't bad & ceiling fan worked...

Aesthetically, the place was awful. The front door is so worn we could actually see outside through the cracks. Electrical outlets needed covers replaced or didn't have them at all. Maybe two or three of the window shutters could be opened. Our sheets had holes in them. The window curtains where made from sarongs, which is fine, but one of them had a huge hole in it(from moths?). The shower curtain had mold on it. And all of the shower curtain rings where mismatched, but not in a cute way.

Again, functionally the place worked. But if management would spend a little money/time on the smaller details, I believe the Casita would be worth the $140 per night.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family