The W in Vieques is an amazing and beautiful property. The layout is excellent, both pools are wonderful and natural beauty abounds. Wild horses run free and Iguanas are easily spotted in trees. I would only caution that the hotel seems a little short staffed and they could use a manager with a sharper eye for details. For starters, the need to turn on some lights on that walkway to their outlying buildings. Guests used their own flashlights and cell phone apps to light their way. A pregnant woman tripped outside our building and fell during our stay. I tripped several times on the uneven walkway, which is beautiful, but not functional in the dark. To me it seemed incredible that a problem so obvious just went ignored which only signals larger problems in management.
Secondly, this place needs to be sprayed for bugs. I was eaten alive in the room and on the grounds. There are small bugs crawling all over our room. It also seemed to be a consistent topic of conversation with other guests at the pool. The service is on Island time, ordering is slow and awareness is low. it seems silly to complain about these few little things but it was a building of events that lead to an annoyance with my stay: waiting for my room in the lobby at check in (at 6pm), slow and non-existent "living room" lobby staff and a general unawareness of customer service.
I've stayed in great hotels around the world, and don't mind paying Four Season's pricing, (although $6 water does seem crazy for 8oz) but expect the staff to have that polish. I think this W's location is a blessing and a curse.... A blessing for beauty but not for attracting talent and polished workers who want to make the island their home full-time. My recommendation to the W is to stop responding on Trip Advisor that you have fixed the problems, and get out from behind your computer, walk over to the pool and ask a discovery question or two. I'm sure your guests would be happy to share.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on two private, secluded beaches, the W Retreat & Spa Ã Vieques Island in Puerto Rico provides the perfect getaway for a relaxing and luxurious villa-style vacation with infinite indulgences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Vieques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Vieques
- w Retreat & Spa Vieques Hotel Isla De Vieques