See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2010

When I first heard that I was staying here with a colleague for a work trip, I was hesitant. I wasn't sure I'd like a place that had no phones, clocks, t.v.'s nor radios in the rooms. I thought I'd be bored. I was sadly mistaken! This place is unlike anywhere else I've ever stayed. To put it simply, Jajome Terrace is beautiful. It is quiet, peaceful and tranquil. Upon returning to my room each evening, I opened a cerveza and headed to my private balcony to watch the sun set over the southern coast and ocean while being serenaded by the thousands of tree frogs. I stayed out there well after darkness had taken over the island.

Each morning I was greeted to beautiful sunrises over misted jungle topped mountains and a lovely continental breakfast of toast with homemade jam and orange juice. Not much, but it was so good! If you can, buy a papaya and the owner’s wife and/or daughter will serve it up nice for you for breakfast! The meal is served on the lower terrace in an open air location with views of the jungle. There is a nice boardwalk through the jungle covered grounds at the hotel with waterfalls and fountains too.

On some mornings, I’d take a jog along the road to the east and south that held more spectacular views of the southern coast. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I wish the restaurant was still in business though! The rooms were clean, nice and smelled fresh. I had room #4. I would and will stay here again. I am totally sold on the unique experience that the Jajome Terrace offers while in Puerto Rico. I can stay at a busy resort style hotel anywhere. This place offers something truly unique and genuine.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank jlfox74
Reviewed 16 April 2010

A tropical paradise by day and a symphony of coqui songs at night.

Basic, clean, plenty of hot water, quiet, off the beaten track, just our kind of place. A continental breakfast is served on the terrace each morning but guests must go out for dinner. The Jajome Terrace restaurant is now closed but Meson de Melquiades is only about a three minute drive up the hill and is top notch. Great food and wine.

A guest business office with a computer connection is in the works and both our cell phones, T-Mobile and Verizon had good reception.

Owners Miquel and Maria and daughter Sara are extremely helpful and will make you feel VERY welcome. While we were there Sara setup the banquet hall to show several engaged couples how stunning a wedding & reception could be in the Jajome tropical paradise. What a place for a destination wedding.

We will be returning soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank agardeniaintherain
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The drive up to Jajome Terrace is very windy, but the view on top of the mountain is worth it. I don't think the owners had down the day of our reservation correctly, but they made up a room for us. We were literally the only guests staying at Jajome Terrace that night.

The room was not air-conditioned, but on the mountain, it cooled down pretty quickly at night. There was hot water at night, but there was NONE in the morning. The room was very clean, and there was shampoo, conditioner, and soap in the bathroom. We left for dinner, and when we came back, they had filled our ice bucket for us, and given us some bottled water.

They provide a continental breakfast in the morning, and you eat in the former open-air restaurant and look out over the view. We had coffee, orange juice, toast with butter and jam, and papaya mixed with orange juice. Breakfast was simple, but delicious, and the view was great.

I would very highly recommend Jajome Terrace to anyone going to Puerto Rico. The view is absolutely worth it.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheBeckmeister
Reviewed 19 January 2009

My cousin's wife's family was from Cayey, and I had heard much about the famous Lechon pig roasts in nearby Guavate over the years, and I just finally made it there. What a day we all had together with vacationing family and friends, drinking, singing and dancing in the streets this past Sunday with the local people.

We purposely did not want to drive back to Rincon that night, where we were staying, so we looked into a local lodge where we could stay. Jajome Terrace certainly exceeded our expectations. Just ten rooms, but in an absolutely gorgeous setting, catering mostly we were told to destination weddings, but it was just our group in a couple of rooms that night staying there. It was wonderful and we loved it. You made us feel like very welcome guests. If you read this Sara, thank you very much again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank saabdued
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I can't say enough about this place. It's a restaurant with room and both are above average. The trek up to the restaurant is a bit much if you coming from Guayama, do yourself a favor and take the main highway from San Juan. Either way, the destination is well worth the trip. Sara our hostess was phenomenal, she was efficient and a joy to talk to, even when the restaurant was swamped.

The rooms were small but very clean with absolutely stunning views. We got there just as the sun was setting and it was breath-taking.

The restaurant is on par with any of the finer places in San Juan. Out meals were incredibly tasty and very well proportioned. There was also a modest breakfast which was unexpected and much appreciated.

Frankly it was sad to leave. Thanks Sara!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ev94114