“Worst Hotel Experience Ever and credit card fraud!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ponce
Casa del Sol Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Ponce B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My partner and I traveled to Ponce in January and thought we would stay at Casa Del Sol as it looked nice online. Once we got there we immediately felt uncomfortable and didn't see any other people who appeared to be staying there. Room was pretty dingy and Ponce the town was very strange and seemed entirely uninhabited at night. We were so disturbed by our stay and the town that we decided to check out a day early and head to the rainforest. About a week after I retuned to the States, I started to get charged from Casa Del Sol over and over again!!! One charge was 350.00 and then another and then again! It was a nightmare and I couldn't believe it was happening. I had to have the credit card fraud department involved and my card cancelled because it was so bad. So please save yourself the time and hassel. The town Ponce maybe is okay in the day time to sight see, but that is all I would recommend. And if you are staying in Ponce, Don't stay at Casa Del Sol. There is nothing redeeming about it and obviously is run by dishonest people.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
18  Thank lyrabez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 May 2009

They charged 70 dolars more to our credit card, the room felt like a souna the air condicioner didnt work at all, the manager uses insults and bad aproches to speak with their gests, they chardge you for the room in advance and when you get there they say they dindt have any rooms aveilable this is the worst expirience i had ever had in a hotel .

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
8  Thank akiel
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Once again...credit card was randomly charged hundreds of dollars after my stay. If you stay, pay cash...if you use your card, then get a new card NOW...

• Stayed: April 2009
9  Thank SatyaWorldwide
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I just looked up my credit card account and I've got 4 charges totaling over $2000! Watch out! I never even stayed at this place. i jsut reserved a room and later cancelled.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
7  Thank dzale19
Reviewed 1 April 2009

This is a noisy, in-town hotel just 2 blocks from the Plaza. We were there for Carnaval. The hotel was pleasant enough for the $75 nightly rate. You get a scenic location, safe parking, a nice bar & helpful staff.

A week after checking out my card was charged $475. At first I thought this was an error. Phone calls to the hotel were not useful, they wanted me to send in details of the overcharge so they "could show it to the bank" to facilitate the refund. Three weeks later no refund yet so I'm taking it up with my credit card co.

Would recommend you pay in cash, not credit.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple