Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 130
US$ 111
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,667 results
All reviewsexecutive towerpuerto ricola guanchacosta caribepool areala cava restaurantping pongbreakfast buffet isnice poolminiature golfnice resortfitness centerbeach accessocean viewself parkingrental carpr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

If you think you're going to get a luxurious stay at the ponce Hilton, think again. A big group of us scheduled our stay months in advance and when we got there at midnight exactly when we said we would arrive, they told us they had no such reservation in their system for our five rooms despite our confirmation print outs. Apparently they have two "systems" and the one they were using didn't have us in it. It was only by luck that they weren't full, otherwise we would have been turned away. Even when this was fixed, there was no apology. The service is slow, forgetful and generally unpleasant even though they can get tips! They have no work ethic at this Hotel. The bar/grill tried to turn me away because I came 10 minutes before closing and the server acted so inconvenienced. The next day they forgot to put in my order, so i sat waiting for my food for 30 mins as others were served right away. When i called their attention to this, they never apologized. Service at the pool is basically nonexistent. At best, they say they'll come take your order and never come back. Our room was always freezing for some reason even though we set the temp high. Our bathroom door was broken and could not close. Their other food options are expensive and poor quality farces (sanchos, la cava, buffet). Room service breakfast was late, cold and pathetic. It looked like a 3 year old made my "French toast" (literally from wonder bread). The hot tub was so hot, we couldn't use it. We told the staff who said they'd come fix it and never saw them again. They also do a poor job cleaning up their beach areas as there was so much garbage, we actually pulled a big bucket out of the sand and started collecting garbage ourselves because we couldn't stand to see that level of indifference. Avoid this place unless you're fine with constant disappointment. I think it must get high marks because there is literally nothing else around Ponce to compete with it. Never going back.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank cpha109
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We visited the Hilton in June 2012 for two nights. This is a very large resort with a golf course and casino. It is very near the boardwalk and about 10 minutes from the downtown area where the cultural center is. We stayed in the Executive Tower. The landscaping and the decoration of the interior of this resort is certain to disappoint. The grounds lack the color and presence of flowers that is so prevalent on the island. The interior of the resort is the same with the common areas lacking plants, vases, paintings and other items of visual interest. In other words, the resort is spartan and boring. The room was nice and spacious with a lovely tiled shower and everything you would expect in a room in a resort.There was a small refrigerator and a safe in the closet. Our room overlooked the ocean. The service was very poor. We were not able to check on time at 3 PM and were checked in an hour later. We tried to get towels and wash clothes because we had only one washcloth. After calling and getting an answering machin3 for room service twice, we called the front desk and had them delivered in about 10 minutes or less. The pool area is very small, not at all like the pictures on the website display.

Room Tip: The Executive Tower is at the back of the property and you had to walk a good distance to get back to the restaurants and pool area. This does make for a quieter room and that is important to me. It was directly across from he self-parking area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank professor310740
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear professor 310740:

Thank you for your review of our Resort.
We are happy you liked the rooms and the views. We are also taking note of your disappointment about your perception of the building's interiors being boring due to the lack of plants and flowers, and this will be a matter for internal discussion.
Once again, thank you for your time and feedback, as it helps us to look for ways to improve our Guests' satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

...this is your place. Big hotel with spacious open air dining and eating area just off the huge pool with outdoor whirlpool – all 100 yards or so from ocean. But, it is out away from everything – so you are pretty much captive here – so plan on that. The rooms are quite nice. The pool is too. The beach is – well, there is no beach. Two words on eating… at breakfast watch your food, a bird ate my muffin while I went to get a drink. You may say ‘cute’… I say not. If you go to outdoor bar eatery do not get the jibaro sandwich – it was pretty much terrible. As were the fries. Burger was good. Although the place is really neat to be at, it was just not for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Morgan2010

Dear Morgan2010:
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our Resort.
We appreciate your recognizing our nice accommodations and general areas, as we understand you may have wanted a different type of location for your getaway.
We cordially invite you to try other Hilton Worldwide Hotels in Puerto Rico, where you may find the location to better suit your expectations.

Go Hilton, Go Everywhere!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Based on what I've heard, the Hilton in Ponce is the best hotel in the area. However, that being said, it doesn't mean that this is a really nice hotel.

I arrived with a very heavy backpack, a carry-on (wheeled) luggage, and another piece of luggage. There was nobody at the bell desk available when we arrived to ask/offer any assistance. I had to walk 2 miles (maybe not quite, but it sure seemed like it) to get to my room with all my luggage in tow. I had to "cross two bridges and take the elevator up to the 4th floor, turn right and walk down the hall some more."

The room was very disappointing; the decor, and probably the furniture itself, was from the 70s. I don't mind the retro look, but the furniture's quality was very dated.

After my first night's sleep, I walked into the bathroom to find moths and mosquitoes flying about. The little buggers kept me company during my entire stay (3 nights/4 days).

I was here for work and wasn't able to use the pool or fitness facility; I only saw the beach from a distance.

The one redeeming quality for this hotel is their toiletries - Peter Thomas Roth for the win!

It was nice that they had a breakfast buffet in the morning, but the food is only mediocre (sweetened oatmeal and rubbery eggs don't appeal to me much). However, the dinners we had at La Cava were nice, except for my last meal where the fish I had was spoiled. They were very nice about it and eager to replace, but my plans were foiled as my taxi arrived and I had to make the long trip back to San Juan.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk too far with a lot of luggage, ask not to be placed in the "Executive Tower."
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank liday

Dear liday:
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your visit to our Resort.
From your description of your walk to your room, you were staying at the Executive Tower, which was built and opened in 2005, and with its rooms offering a great unobstructed oceanview (especially from the 4th floor!). One other detail about the Executive Tower is that it offers an alternative point of entry, with direct access to the nearby parking lot.
We are sorry to read you were not assisted with your luggage, even though we maintain a 24-hour shift of Bell Staff, and we also have luggage carts (gondoles) available for those guests who choose not to use their service.
We hope your travel plans will bring you back to Ponce, so we can have the opportunity to better accommodate your personal needs.

Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

As a hotel and golf type resort its good. In my opinion, the prices you pay for everything else is above the actual value. So bang for the buck thumbs down, weekend getaway just to relax for a day or two, thumbs up... If you're willing to pay the price.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank gjcamacho
HiltonPonce, Director of Sales at Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear gjcamacho:

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to our Resort.
We are glad you appreciated the Hotel and Golf services, and at the same time feel sad you felt the prices of other consumptions were high.
We currently have an extensive breakfast buffet for $19.-, a lavish buffet lunch for $22.-, and our Steak House Dinner ranges around the $25.- depending on your main course selection.
In addition, we offer a Happy Hour Every Hour concept, with DonQ Rum drinks priced at $4.- at our bars, and a Golf Special for Hotel guests at $9.99, exclusive of cart fees, until September 30th.
La Cava Restaurant and In-Room dining prices depend on the menu of your choice, but the light fares at the Pool Snack bar feature family size freshly made Pizza for $18, or burgers and wraps under $10.- each.
Naturally, there are other more affordable options for dining in town, especially at the nearby Food Court of the Plaza Del Caribe Mall, for instance, so that you may pick and choose the prices, and adjust the visit to Ponce to your budget.
We look forward to welcoming you for another mini-break in Ponce!