We spent our first three nights at the El Conquistador in Fajardo. It was a pretty drive from there to Ponce, and this town is a lot different. Ponce is PR's second largest town, did not feel as busy as San Juan, but still populated. The locals were nice, visited the mall--It had 3 SEARS stores, haha. Stocked up on groceries, though prices for food and drinks were much more reasonable at this resort than EL Conquistador--the room prices are a lot less too. We had a nice ocean and pool view, lots of little iguanas running around which was fun. Pool was nice, always busy...kind of creepishly warm water. All of the guests there seemed like locals, which was a nice change of pace. You can also take the van over to El Caribe, where the golf course is, they also have a pool and restaurant with a small beach. We went on a Saturday and did not spend more than five minutes over there, lots of parties going on. The beaches at both resorts were...there. No disrespect, we just saw so many other beautiful beaches, these just were not my type...brown sand, rocky, water was rough. Stick with the pool area, theres lots to do there, they have ping pong, giant chess, tennis, a little tiki bar, and Coco the parrot who says hola to you if he likes you. Breakfast was included in our stay (hilton honors) and was great. The greeter was so friendly and went through everything with us. Lots of fresh food to pick from, the chef will make you whatever you wish if you want omelette or benedict. You can sit in the open air lobby and watch the koi fish swim by. The casino is pretty big for the area, very busy, they must let the public in too, smells musty like it may have flooded years ago. Overall, great escape for locals, good stop for the open minded traveller-- neat spot to stop for a night or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort is a tropical resort facing the Caribbean Sea, within a secluded location in the picturesque city of Ponce, Puerto Rico's second largest city. This full service resort offers a 27-hole championship golf course, variety of bars and restaurants, a 24-hours Casino and is the ideal base to explore the southern part of Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ponce Golf And Casino Resort
- Hilton Ponce Golf Hotel Ponce
- Hilton Ponce Hotel
- Hilton Ponce Resort