“Secluded, Friendly, Great Place to be”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
CT
“Secluded, Friendly, Great Place to be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I took my husband on a trip to my Island. Being a Puerto Rican I knew he would have a great time in Dorado. The people in this town are great, friendly, and very helpful. This town is close to everything and yet far from the very crowded metro area. The Hotel has a golf course, which my husband used and liked very much, the rooms are clean, the hotel is clean and spacious. The pool area is perfect size and their little beach is great for families with small children because of its shallow waters. This hotel has a casino on its premises, small, but it has all the games you would normally play. Their breakfast is awesome! It offers a great variety and the food is great. If you like to be in a safe and comfortable place, this is for you. If you like action and to do some sightseeing of different parts of the island, it would be a little costly, but I would say it is worth it. They offer self parking for 10.70 a day, so if you rent a car, keep in mind it will be extra.

4 Thank Esther J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

First, I have to say that staff is very kind and helpful. Check in process was very quickly and honestly I was surprised since they had free "cooked-to-order" breakfast, they gave me free tickets for two drinks per day, also they have happy hour from 5:30-7:30 for any drink you want...yes free (Something you don't often see in US territories hotels). Pools is very nice, specially for kids. Beach is just OK but there are other public beaches in Dorado that you can go to. Hotel has a new Casino which is very nice, golf course is very nice and the new oriental restaurant is awesome. Self parking is $10.00 per day if you have a rental car.

Around there are a lot of places you can go for dining, shopping and entertainment. Went to Made in Puerto Rico which is about 5 minutes from the hotel and food was very nice puertorican style plates. Attendants were also very funny.

Hotel stay was very good and will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Oceanview.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank traveler_pr_usa
Kingsford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The check-in was easy and timely, the resturant and bar staff was friendly and the food was very good at both the in hotel resturant and accross the drive at the chophouse/oriental grill. The rooms were nice for the price. The pullout couch bed was not very comfy but it was a standard mattress. Managers receptions, that we made it to, served rail but drinks were good and plentiful. Our view was great as we could see both the ocean and some of the golf course. The course t-boxes and fairways could have used watering, however we lost enough balls in the water hazards argh.

The only think I would have added was more activity. It would have been nice to have group water areobics or some poolside activities. They had music on weekend but otherwise not much to do after dinner and the area didnt seem to have too much happening.

Room Tip: We stayed on the East side and the view was great. The sun came up about 6:20 but the drapes kept it...
1 Thank Rene B
Bristol, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Beautiful resort, great value and terrific service all in one. This was my first trip to Puerto Rico and I booked in Dorado to be near to my husband's family (he's from the Dorado area). We were bowled over by the warmth and helpfulness of the entire staff. Everyone spoke perfect English (which was a concern for me, not my husband!). The valet staff (even though we didn't use the service) were super friendly and very helpful with places to go, etc. We didn't meet one staffer of the hotel who wasn't very warm and friendly. It elevated the luxuriousness of our stay tremendously. The room was big, clean and comfortable. My daughter even said the sofa bed was very comfy. The breakfast was fantastic and the Manager's reception every evening was a nice way to end your day and begin your night out! The pool and beach areas were phenomenal. The breakers made the private beach your own private lagoon. The waves (when there were waves) were very small, which made it the perfect beach for kayaking and paddle boating. The only negative I can think of, and it was minor, was the hotel restaurant. We ate there the first night as we arrived sort of late. The food was pricey, the selection was small and everything was extremely over-salted. Service was great, and the drinks were mighty fine! Lunch at the outdoor bar and grill was a different story....reasonably priced and very good food. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. I am already planning a return next year and have every intention of spending more of my time enjoying the resort amenities and less time sight seeing!

Room Tip: I would recommend a high floor if you are a light sleeper and staying on a weekend. There was live...
2 Thank quinellax
msemprit, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Didn't Want to Leave Guest:

The comments you made on our Resort and Team put a HUGE smile to my face.

It was especially rewarding to know that this was your first trip to Puerto Rico and that we met and even exceeded your expectations.

Regarding the experience at the Restaurant, we are presently reviewing all of our menus and making changes in order to make sure that all expectations are met.

We look forward to your return back to Puerto Rico and our Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar Resort.

Cordially,

Marisol Colon
787-278-7001
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dorado back in November 2009. This was our second trip to Puerto Rico and I have to say that I was very disappointed with the Embassy Suites. My in-laws are Marriott Timeshare owners and they decided to stay at the Embassy Suites because we would have kitchen areas to prepare our meals in.

The first issue is the location of the Embassy. Because it is on a large property it is almost a mile walk to get to the main street. A car is necessary to get around everywhere. We really enjoyed taking walks at night and walking to the local restaurants during our first stay. This was not possible at the Embassy.

The beach at the resort is absolutely awful. I am from Florida so maybe I have higher beach standards than others do? The beach itself is small and there are not many spots to lay down a towel. It is nearly impossible to swim in the ocean unless you are a skilled swimmer. During rough currents you are smashed onto rocks. Because the beach is terrible everyone goes to the pool and the seats are all taken by lunch. Go to the pool early or be prepared to not get a lawn chair.

During our trip I got a rash all over my body. I don't know if I had an allergic reaction with jacuzzi outside or the fabric detergent on our sheets, but needless to say I spent the majority of my trip taking benadryl and misserable.

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel instead of the suites.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Michelle M
It is so disappointing for us to read reviews where guest weren't satisfied as apparently you weren't.

I do apologize for the rash on your body or allergic reaction during your stay and hope that you felt better upon your return to your home. It is important for me to clarify that all of our linen fall within the allergy free (Green Products) line of linen as well as all other products that we utilize to service your suite.

Considering that our Resort is approximately a mile and a half from the main road, a car is recommended if one doesn't wish to rely on the 24 hour/7days a week taxi service.

As you mentioned, the Beach is public and although our Team work hard to keep it clean and organized as much as possible, we depend on the support and cleaning crew of the Municipality of Dorado that unfortunately aren't always available.

I hope that although you had these inconveniences, that you did find our Team to be accommodating and offering their attention to detail.

Take care and have a great year.

Cordially,

Marisol Colon
787-278-7001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorado
20.9 km away
21.6 km away
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
21.2 km away
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK