“Little tiny espresso coffees, but great cheesecake!”

Herencia Kitchen & Espresso Bar
Ranked #11 of 29 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 25
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I was staying in the attached hotel, and in for breakfast, so I have to remember it is an Espresso Bar, and not a restaurant. No refills of my little tiny coffee, and the food can come on "island time" but the food was excellent. I ordered the french toast, which was awesome. It was a cinnamon roll type of french toast, and came with guava-butter and a bit of fresh fruit. Not a ton of food, and not cheap, but delicious. I came back the second day and had to order the same thing... but with the double on my coffee.

1  Thank Lou L

Reviewed 11 February 2016

Spouse has Gluten Allergy and this makes it difficult for traveler to eat something else than rice and chicken when travelling. The staff at Herencia made sure that everything was OK and served a great Fish Taco. DW was happy. Thanks a lot. A few more items on the menu would had a great selling point to the restaurant and adjoining hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

We ate breakfast here as our hotel supplied vouchers with our stay. I was just expecting the typical continental breakfast but it was much better. We were served two eggs, either bacon or sausage, toast, coffee, and orange juice. The whole breakfast is served in an iron skillet. It was very good.

1  Thank stjohnbeachlover
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Best breakfast ever! Best Fish Tacos, very friendly staff. The coffee is also very delicious. Highly recommended ! We went two straight days, once for breakfast and the next day for dinner, we were glad we went back.

1  Thank mateohuelepeo
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was staying at Hotel Miramar and Café Herencia is located right next door (lobby entrance from Hotel and separate street entrance). Herencia is also the name of one of my favorite films, so I was hopeful from the start. As a coffee lover visiting PR for the first time, I was on a quest to find the best coffee in a place famous for its quality of coffee. Before coming to San Juan, I found several lists of the "best cafés" on the internet and over three days, I tried them all. I was surprised to find that my favorite coffee was none other than the one I had in this quaint café next to my hotel: a latte de vainilla at Herencia!!! All of the baristas were very nice and always greeted me enthusiastically. But what kept me coming back was a great vanilla latte! I stopped in once in the morning and once in the afternoon during the three days I was in San Juan, and whether I got it to go, or to drink there, those vanilla lattes were fabulous!!! If I ever go to San Juan again, I will make a point to visit Herencia every day I am there!!! Thank you very much for your delicious coffee! Muchísimas gracias por su café tan rico! ~Lisa

1  Thank AlphaDogg