“Not a mofongo fan!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marquette, Michigan
“Not a mofongo fan!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We had piña coladas which were very good. I had the steak mofongo and my husband had the chicken. Neither of us cared for them. Plantains were hard and dry in some spots and not much flavor. Other items we saw looked better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Turkish first
UNIONTOWN, OH
“Raices - Not recommended”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is the 2nd time that we visited this restaurant. It was highly recommended by those that live in Puerto Rico. We had a short wait but when we left, there were a lot of people waiting. I thought that maybe I had just ordered the wrong menu item the 1st vist, but thought we would try it again. I was disappointed last time and felt the same this time. The service was slow and the food was just ok, although I liked my food better this vist. I ordered a skirt steak with a sauce, rice and beans. The sauce was very salty, but edible. Others in the group were also disappointed with their food and the service. We were seated by the restroom so it was a very high traffic area. I think I will select a different restaurant next time we are in San Juan. If you decide to try it for dinner, I would suggest that you go early to avoid the long lines.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Boise, Idaho
“My favorite Puerto Rican Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Both restaurants in San Juan and in Caguas are amazing. The food us Puerto Rican authentic and I will assure you that you will me amazed. I definitely recommend the "mofongo" (mashed plantains) filled with skirt steak or chicken. Love it!!!!

weehawken, NJ
“Authentic Puerto RIcan and nice...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

we headed out to Raices early(6 pm) as the crowd between 7 and 9 is insane. We were seated rather quickly. Our waiter was attentive and had some good recommendations. I had the MOFONGO (cassava) with bacalao...nice my friend had the shrimp..awesome....the tamarind mojito was gooood. we had desert - tres leches..there were a lot of gringas and gringos in there....enjoyed it....would recommend it...

• Visited February 2012
Anderson, Indiana
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

It was very good. Fun atmosphere. There were three of us. We had three items Kan Kan pork chop. They don't do the size of the one they did on Man vs Food. It was big though. It was good but would have been better with a sauce. We got a sampler appetizer that included cod fish fritters, ripe fried plantains, not sure what all. It was fun, but we had no idea what we were eating. We also had chimchurri style skirt steak with mashed plantains. Their staff costumes are cute and the staff are very friendly. The rooms are authentically decorated. It had a very down home feel. We had an enjoyable time.

• Visited January 2012