La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
US$ 194
US$ 225
US$ 187
  • Pool
The Gallery Inn(San Juan)
US$ 175
US$ 158
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 177/night.

Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
  • Breakfast included
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$ 147
Travelocity
US$ 170
US$ 148
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 207/night.

US$ 395
Priceline
US$ 155
US$ 141
7,849 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezadult poolocean viewlobby barnew towerbeautiful resortla concha renaissanceslidersmain poolchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I had the pleasure of staying over Thanksgiving at the La Concha Hotel after checking out of the Ritz (see previous review). From the moment, we arrived it was the most pleasant and engaging experience. From the official greeter Felix, one felt right at home. What was so pleasant about Felix was everything he did was with a genuine smile and we found the hotel followed this motto. Nothing was too much for the staff who made you feel as if you were returning home. From the cool hip vibe of the Lobby complete with Sushi Bar and open air atmosphere, the expeirence was delightful. The amenties of the hotel were numerous and the vistas of the ocean and the beach were magnificient. Also, if you speak Gucci or Louis Vuitton, their shops are minutes away in a very lovely neighborhood. There were several pools so if you wanted complete serenity that was an a option with lush tropical vegitation everywhere and private areas to sip a cool marguerita or read a book. If you wanted people ,they were there too. The service of the hotel staff was exemplary and opposite of what we found at the Ritz. You could tell the people right down to the concierges who introduced themselves really liked what they were doing. We stayed in the new area of the hotel and the rooms were suites and very comfortable replete with LCD Tv's , jacuzzi"s ,etc. The beach had many private areas to it and there were flat bed cabanas on the beach that were there to be used with no extra charge. The housekeeping of the hotel was excellent and the restaurants were fabulous as we tried them all and would highly recommend La Concha. It was an indulging experience and truly San Jan's better kept secret. Will return there again and highly recommended this to anyone not looking for a cookie cutter hotel.

Reviewed 17 December 2010

What a wonderful time. Stay 2 nights before our cruise, took the tour to the rain forest. It was great. Gina out tour guide was excellant. Room was great, the bar downstairs was unbeliveable. Going back soon. Loved San Juan!!!

Reviewed 16 December 2010

I had fairly high expectations for La Concha prior to my five night stay based on reviews here and the hotel website. I must say, however, after my stay I can't say La Concha comes close to being a five-star resort. The lobby and pool areas are very sleek and inviting. Perhaps being assigned a "cabana" room instead of a tower room accounts for some of my dissatisifaction. The cabanas consist of two floors with ten rooms each adjacent to the main pool. Not quite the oceanview I had hoped.

The room was average sized and had some good features. There are lots of outlets and lighting options. The shower and bath area was nice, and was stocked with Aveda products. There was also an unstocked refrigerator but no microwave. The storage armoire was spacious and well-designed, although the sliding frosted glass door often became untracked.

I was annoyed that no where in the room were the obligatory pad of paper and pen. I ended up removing a blank sheet of the New Testament when I needed to jot down a phone number. The telephone also lacked instructions for room to room calls and was not user-friendly. Also most of the furniture was glass topped. There were no paper coasters for the glass tumblers, so I ended up using a wash cloth.

Three average size pillows sat atop my king bed. A bigger body pillow would have been nice. The hotel directory listed channel 41 to be the hotel channel--I found it to be the Discovery Channel on my flat screen. And you can't depend on the hotel satellite as signals come and go . Don't count on using the hotel internet either,
as I had poor reception and instead used my own connection.

The shower half-door has been mentioned in many reviews. It didn't bother me, but I was irked that housekeeping on two occasions did not replace the necessary floor mat needed to absorb the free-flowing water. I did like the natural light in the shower and the alcove for personal care products, but missed a bath fan.

I did experience loud music on two occasions and it would have been more problematic if it had persisted later at night. Housekeeping was sporadic, particularly over the weekend. Bath product replenishment was haphazard--one fluid oz. of mouthwash provided for five night stay. And there was the bath mat that would come and go. I didn't realize my room was supposed to be stocked with two bottles of water until midway through my stay when they suddenly appeared, and upon departure I was billed $6.00 for bottles I hadn't consumed.

By all means, make sure you visit the nearby Walgreens upon arrival. The hotel charges a ridiculous $12.99 for Benedryl and $3 for a muffin that can be bought in the expanded grocery section of Walgreens for at least half of that.

I have learned from other reviews since my return not to use the concierge desk to book tours. I was mystified why the cost of a bio bay kayaking booked through the hotel was $85, when the brochure I got from the concierge clearly stated $45. Glad I declined.

Must say I've been pretty critical of La Concha here, but there are positives. While the ocean is rough, the various infinity pools are very attractive. I also enjoyed a nice burger at a reasonable price at the poolside cafe. And there's the oft-mentioned bellman, Felix Perez, who's sure to leave you smiling.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 16 December 2010

There were a few snags with the hotel but not worth mentioning.. What I will mention is how good the staff is... Particularly Ismary Rivera. I cannot say enough about her... She is truly a gem, a genuinley nice, happy, personable person and she is what made our stay enjoyable. If you go to Solera Restaurant, please ask for her... You won't regret it!.. Thanks Ismary!!! Good luck with everything!!! By now you should be with LaConcha for about 2 months now...keep doin what your doin!!

Reviewed 13 December 2010

La Concha has brand-new rooms decorated to modern tastes. Comfortable beds, slow service to the room, but nice, friendly staff that seemed a bit distracted by the activity in the hotel. 5 pools & hot tub with excellent appointments, open 24 hrs a day. Fabulous ocean views from certain suites & one of the pools. Lots of options for shade or sun. Decent beachside service. Beach is protected by rocky wall, water was pristine & warm but a bit rough. Weekend parties by the inner pools last until around midnight and are very loud. At least they didn't go on till 2 a.m. which is what our partying daughter would have preferred ;-) Location is great for walking to shops, restaurants, taking the bus or taxi to Old San Juan and arranging car rentals or tours. Definitely would stay there again, especially since they have beautiful minisuites with LR area and mini fridge that is not loaded with stuff to buy -- you can actually put stuff in there! Walgreens is only 2 blocks away, for any last-minute needs. Great Farmer's Market once a month on Sunday for local foods, pastries, and, in the holidays, the roast pig (lechon). Not to be missed! Inexpensive breakfast ($8-10) till 11 at lobby bar that they'll deliver to your table by pool or in lobby.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business