7,950 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at La Concha for 5 days over New Year's Eve. We had a "spa" room with amazing views of the ocean. The room itself is enormous with a kitchenette and table--this ended up being helpful as my wife became ill during our stay and we needed to stay in the room for meals one day. So, not that anyone really goes on vacation to order room service but just in case anyone is interested... the room service was amazing--hot, delicious, friendly servers who were both prompt and accurate. As a result, we ordered breakfast every morning after that and ate out on our terrace overlooking the ocean--a sublime way to start the day.

The service was excellent pool side--always someone available to bring drinks/snacks/etc..The concierge Victor was incredibly helpful in providing restaurant recommendations as well as organizing reservations--again, prompt, accurate and friendly. He really helped to make our entire experience even more enjoyable--and he knows good food...

The restaurant Perla is worth the trip alone--not only is it beautiful, the food was spectacular and the wine list equally wonderful. The bar area at night has a feel of being both urban chic and caribbean relaxed at the same time. We stopped there a few times before heading out to dinner and enjoyed our experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with a terrace are more than worth the extra money
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatandMat
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Excellent family friendly hotel. I booked the wrong room type and the hotel handled my room change professionally and quickly. The beach at this hotel is great. The pools are nice but there are not enough lounge chairs due to not enough space around the pools. This is my second time staying here and I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Brazier100
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed one night pre-cruise in a resort view room on the second floor. The room overlooked the pool with an unexpected partial sea view through a large walkway opening directly across. A large balcony, clean room with a large glass enclosed shower was very comfortable. By far, the best service by hotel service staff we've ever had beginning with the warm greeting by the valet, to the phone call from the front desk staff minutes after we entered our room to check that we had everything we needed. The staff seemed quite genuine. Overall Very friendly, hip vibe. Great breakfast overlooking the sea in the Italian restaurant..pricey but very good. Two weddings and lots of those guests dressed up was a bit awkward as we were in beach clothes but not a big deal. The infinity pool right on the ocean was our favorite place. We would go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Beautiful historic property, iconic "shell" that houses LaPerla restaurant, spectacular lobby and gardens, beautiful spa-like suite. But the best part was the people. At the front drive, Felix was awesome with a great smile and warm welcome, he always seemed to be on duty! Kristina at reception was so sweet and helpful you wanted to hug her. Great staff, gorgeous cocktail waitresses in the Lobby Bar. Every restaurant was excellent. Bar service in the pool garden was great, as were the bathtub-warm pools and live Latin jazz. You gotta go.

Room Tip: New suite tower with ocean view is hard to beat. However, we'd like to return and try a room in the original 1958 portion of the hotel, just for its vingage je ne sais quoi. The view of the garden and pool area from the original bits of the hotel are gorgeous too.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My son's marriage in Old San Juan brought over 100 guests from all over the world. Even though the wedding reception was in a sister hotel, the out of towners stayed in La Concha ( recommended by the bride's family). I, mother of the groom, hosted a Welcome Greek-Puerto Rican 'fusion' party hoping to blend the best of both cultures.
I cannot say enough about the staff, the professionalism, the venue, the food of this beautiful hotel!...the guests are still talking about 'best party weekend'...I don't know where to begin because we enjoyed all the amenities ( the suites, pool, restaurants, casino!), but I want to concentrate on my personal experience of hosting and organizing a party over the phone and trust people you have never met! I have done several events in my home town, Miami, and had specific details ...but I want to commend Jessica Rivera and Fabiola Cruz in catering who surpassed my expectations. They are THE most professional, pleasant, creative people who captained their 'crew' for a spectacular party! Both of them communicated with me for months through emails and phone calls, and never did they seem to be bothered by my endless questions. The room they suggested, El Mirador, has incredible sea and city views, and the huge wrap around terrace allowed us to have the cigar roller ( Rafa from the Plaza in OSJ) treat the guests with his organic cigars.! We were greeted with Puerto Rican mojitos, and sampled Greek hor'deuvres... The 100% consensus was that food was FABULOUS! I can go on and on...but space is limited. ..
To sum it up...a magical weekend ( ending with my 89 year old mother winning over $700 in the casino!) What a weekend!....Thank you La Concha! ( we all plan a reunion next year!!!!)

Room Tip: the suites!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends