“Not a spa!!”

Add it.
Secrets of Eden Spa
Ranked #19 of 25 Spas & Wellness in San Juan
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I had a couples message this afternoon. I was given a robe to put on that was so thin it was obvious I had no bra on. Not a problem except you walk through the common area to get to treatment room. The robe given to my husband was way to small and if he had left the belt in the loops, it would have been tied around his chest. (Was good for a laugh.) We were showed the restroom to get changed in. Here is where we should have left. It was not clean, no paper towels or hand driers to dry your hands on. Only towel in each restroom was a used bath towel on a towel bar. We were showed to the message room and told to lay down on our backs to start out and were given a small, thin bath towel to cover up with....no sheet. A blanket actually would have been nice as the room was quite cold. The message was to have been an aromatherapy message and we were to pick what oils we wanted. We were never asked and the lotion/oil they used was cold. Thank goodness the one they used on me was unscented. The lotion they used on my husband smelled like baby powder. The staff were very nice but the facility and message was not that of a spa.

11  Thank jab_and_lmb

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I landed in this place becacuse of a "groupon-like" offer and I already went back for more!
It is a cozy spa in an excellent location in Old San Juan, right across the Doña Fela multilevel parking lot (which is super conveniente if like me, you go in your own car). The staff is very attentive and welcoming. Even though I was there with an offer, I never felt they were treating me any differently to the other clients. The massage and body scrub I received were by far one of the best I've received in PR (I'm a local). The facial was very good and done in such a relaxing space that at one point I fell asleep... awesome! If you don't like natural light during a facial you might not enjoy it as much though. The only reason this place is not a 5 for me is because when you get changed to the robe they provide and walk to the area of the cabins to get you massage/facial, you can see the reception area and part of the street and of course, anyone in those areas can see you, which made me feel uncomfortable. The massage and facial made me forget about that initial detail, but anyway, a bit more privacy for the clients would make this place a perfect 5.

2  Thank YLucena
Reviewed 6 May 2012

It is a LOVELY spa, from what I remember, and right in Old San Juan, close to the cruise ships pier area. The ambiance was very relaxing and the facial I got was great. I can't remember what products they used specifically, but I remember my skin was radiant and they did a lot of aromatherapy as part of the facial. The only reason why it's not a 5 star for me, is because when I get a facial or massage I prefer a room with very little light. Now, granted, their cabins have natural light, which is quite pleasant if you're gonna have light. I guess I just prefer dark with a few ceiling spotlights. But I'd definitely recommend this place. Check out this video I found on Youtube: http://youtu.be/CxjiozSiKKo

Can't remember the parking details, but if you have a car, you can always park at the Doña Fela multilevel parking lot, which is very close to the spa, and you car will be safer anyways. :-) There are many restaurants and nice areas nearby, so you can have your day spa, massage or whatever, and also enjoy Old San Juan, since you're already there.

3  Thank ProudTravelGuruB430
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Located just steps from some of the best restaurants and near the main Taxi Stand near the cruise ships, this tranquil Spa offers serenity from the crowds in Old San Juan, Massages should be booked in advance and many other services are offered such as waxing in their ideal location. Couples Massages available too! Nicest owner makes you feel verrrry welcome!

7  Thank GringaGrrrl