“A splice of elegant heaven”

Carli's Fine Bistro & Piano
Ranked #42 of 1,147 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2018

My wife and I came here for dinner during the street festival, badly in need of some quiet and pampered service. Carli's was just what the doctor ordered.

Our waitperson was an absolute gem. From the moment we walked in she treated us like royalty. Prompt service, friendly attitude, but informative and helpful - all that you'd want.

The food selection is good but not extensive, and the food quality was excellent. I tried some Mahi Mahi and my wife had spinach ravioli, and we were both very pleased. We split a bottle of what wine from a modest but suitable selection.

Although you'll pay more for dinner here, the prices were by no means exorbitant. For us the royal treatment and food quality were well worth it!

Oh and did I mention that Carli plays the piano while you eat!!

1  Thank jmasci

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We found Carli's on Open Table and decided to have Christmas dinner here. What a great choice! The food, wine, and service was amazing, and the atmosphere was perfect, especially after travelling on a plane all day. Be sure to check this gem out. There is live music most days of the week- one more reason to hang out at this great spot.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

My colleagues and I had a wonderful experience at Carli's last evening. The food was excellent, the service was efficient and friendly and the Mojitos prepared by Fausto were unanimously voted the best we've ever had. To top it off, Carli played some great jazz piano to add to the ambiance. Carli is a wonderful, attentive host and his bistro has become a "must stop" for us whenever we visit San Juan.

1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great food, people and music. Thanks Ibis for taking care of us today. Had a wonderful afternoon enjoying great music by Roberto and Gilberto at Carli's Cafe in Old San Juan

1  Thank LuisCruzDiaz
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Carli’s Fine Bistro and Piano was recommended by a mutual friend of mine and Carli’s. Hubby and I went on a Monday night about 8:00 pm and it was quiet. When we entered the restaurant, Carli was there and he was playing the piano. He was accompanied by a female vocalist. The performance was nice! We ordered drinks and dinner. The drinks were strong and the food was beyond amazing! I ordered the Spinach Ravioli. It was the best I’ve ever eaten (lots of love in that dish) and hubby ordered the Rib Eye. He said he thoroughly enjoy his meal too. We ordered dessert. I had Crème Brûlée. It was decadent; hubby had ice cream. After his set, Carli came over to say hello and take pictures with us. We talked about our mutual friend and how great the food tasted. He was so gracious. If you’re looking for upscale ambiance and delicious food, go to Carli’s. You will not be disappointed.

Note: We drove and had to search for parking. We found a space that wasn’t far away. This restaurant is in Old San Juan. The streets are narrow and and parking is tight.

1  Thank AfrinetNYC