“best place to stay in puerto rico”

Dreams Hotel Puerto Rico
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 November 2012

After searching for a few weeks before we finalize our travel plans,which pricing of a hotel was paramount, we came down to three,in the last week before travelling the Dreams Hotel got the edge and we have no regrets.This hotel is clean,friendly staff and is surrounded by a walgreens, restaurants and bars to suit your every need. We (wifey and myself) visited Plaza Las Americas, Santa Rosa Mall, Plaza Carolina and visited Old San Juan by using the subways and buses. All of this was made possible by the precise and accurate directions from the owners and the very friendly staff employed there,in these tight economic times and PR is your choice of destination,this is the place to stay, i don't think our experience was a one off one,these folkes are genuine people,so if we were going back to PR tomorrow this is where we will stay again and again.

Room Tip: Our room was 206 and we had no problems.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wendell T

Reviewed 12 October 2012

As I mention in my first review of the problem that arose which made me look for a place to stay for my last days before heading back which with help I was able to stay at Dreams Hotel in Puerto Rico, this hotel was just right for the price. There were lots of places to see and shop within walking distance and there also was a university near by. Within walking distance from this hotel there a street that was filled with stores and even a farmers market where a person can buy stuff and souvineers to bring back home. There were restaurants like the ones in Connecticut, example; Burger King, Mcdonalds, Subway ect. The rooms were clean and the personal were friendly and helpful even the owners which I met on one of the days staying at the hotel. If I make plans to travel to Puerto Rico again I will definitly make arrangements to stay at Dreams Hotel.

Room Tip: Nice hotel to stay in for the price
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank funchuckles
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is a perfect place for any traveler on a budget. Clean, neat, convenient and priced right. The front desk service is friendly, helpful and just what you want after a long trip. There are several small restaurants in the area that are easy to walk to and the food is excellent. It is only ten minutes from the major historical sites.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I love this place. I stayed for 5 nights and was wonderful. Front desk people take care of you. Very very clean. I took the bus and the train one block away. And the best was the rate. PR is very expensive, specially hotel rates. I will come to this family hotel.

Room Tip: 203 was really good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I went to Puerto Rico to visit my two daughters, especially my younger one that made me a grandfather by having a beauful baby girl. I was staying with my older daugther when a problem arose and I needed a place to stay for my last five nights before heading back to Connecticut, so my daugthers friend started to look for hotels in the area, but they were expensive. She did a bit more searching and found me this hotel and took me there and it turned out to be at a good price per night, so I book my last five nights.

Room Tip: it was ok for the price, but it was a bit far from the beaches.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family