“Great brunch”

Ranked #54 of 1,147 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small, locally owned business offering high quality meals cooked with the best ingredients. A very intimate space to enjoy lunch or dinner, and now brunch on the weekends. Fresh fruit juices, mimosas & margaritas, premium coffee and great music make this a place you don't want to miss.
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited La Madre for brunch yesterday. We intended to go there for lunch, but on Saturdays they apparently serve only brunch until 5:00PM.

She ordered fish tacos and really liked them. I ordered chilaquiles with red sauce. I love chilaquiles, but I have a hard time finding them in Texas. These were so good that I savored every bite. I wanted to lick the plate, but I figured my wife might be upset with me. The drinks were yummy as well.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was super friendly although it was a bit of a wait to finally receive our food. In their defense we are a large family of 7. The food was worth the wait! Loved every bite!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Okay so Sunday night, we are wondering around looking for GOOD FOOD (not necessarily local, but fresh and tastey) we found a GEM! A side alley with lovely music and outdoor seating to enjoy a romantic evening! And great service and pricing! Fabuloso y perfecto!!! Thanks Andres!!!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Stopped here by chance for dinner. Interesting Mexican/Caribbean fusion, and it was outstanding! I had the Japanese style steak with roast corn and mashed plantains and sweet potatoes. Flavors were amazing, steak was perfectly cooked. Had a virgin mojito that was to die for (I don't drink) and the crepe dessert. Staff was very attentive (I think everyone working checked in on us at least once). Prices were very reasonable. Would be my first stop next time I make it back to old San Juan.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Great brunch, better dinner! We got sone omelette with pulled pork and pancakes for brunch. For dinner we had literally all the appetizers and they are to die for! Simply delicious!! Ah also try "La O", from the same owner in the same street, you'll remember this recommendation. Enjoy!