CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 170
US$ 148
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Dreamcatcher(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$ 230
US$ 161
Travelocity
3,042 results
All reviewsdouble treemurphy bedgrocery store across the streethour supermarketwarm cookiescafe pierrebebo's cafeself parkingpool and hot tubbusiness centerpool areaopen hoursfew blocksvery nice hotelresort feepre cruise stayclose to the airport
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We just got back from our week long trip to PR it was our first time visiting and chose this hotel based on TA reviews. The hotel is very modern and has all the amenities you would expect staying at a hilton hotel. We got chocolate chip walnut cookies every day and the service was impeccable. Be careful of those delicious cookies since they are 390 calories for one! We stayed in a standard queen room on the 8th floor overlooking the West side wasn't much of a view. The room was small but very comfy nonetheless. Two water bottles were provided daily and they have a safe a microwave and mini fridge in the room including coffee maker. We rented a car and they have two options valet or self parking. We chose self parking which was $15 with 18% tax daily. It ended up being 20 per day per my bill. They use Crabtree and Evelyn products in the bathroom which smells so nice. Their pool and spa is open 24hr and so is the gym. We did alot of activities away from San juan so it was nice to come back to a comfy bed and comfy room. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I wouldn't walk to beach from this hotel. Use sister hotel beach which is a prettier beach but definitely not walkable distance.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank A M
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I spent five nights at the Doubletree and had a nice time. The hotel is very centrally located between Isla Verde and Old San Juan. It is a ten to fifteen minute taxi to the old city and about ten minutes to the airport. Check in/out was painless and efficient. The room was clean. It had everything I expected from a Hilton: In- room safe, wifi, mini-fridge, good A/C, nice shower with decent pressure, no tub though, king size bed and good bedding. My room faced the pool and I did not have any noise issues. I used the business center and the pool and was happy with both. There are several restaurants on the premises and within walking distance. I ate at both Under the Trees and Silk. I loved Silk! There is a grocery store across the street which is very convenient for everything. Cabs were lined up outside and if raining you won't even get wet. There was nothing bad I can say about my stay but nothing exceptional either. Hotels in San Juan are expensive and the Hilton is no different. It is very convenient to the restaurants and bars that are nearby and on the beach. The beach itself is a five minute walk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 3 September 2012

After spending approximately three months of the last 18 at the Doubletree, I am indebted to pay it just deserves. After staying originally at La Concha (ostentatious, too 'modern' to feel comfortable and way overpriced) and the Marriott (a much better deal, but too large to feel personal), I landed at the Doubletree through a recommendation. Whether staying for three weeks or one night, I have always been thoroughly pleased. The staff and management have done an exceptional job of establishing a culture of old-fashioned hospitality and going 'the extra mile'. It became quickly evident they didn't do it because they had to, but enjoyed make your experience and stay the best possible.

I find the rooms to be well sized, extremely comfortable and warm. There's always ample self-parking, a diverse and complete breakfast buffet, again staffed by the best waiters on the island, I'm convinced. The gym, pool and jacuzzi are open 24 hours and I suggest you take a turn on each--all great amenities.

In addition, the location is fantastic. There are a plethora of great restaurants, bars, gas station (to fuel up before taking back the rental) and uber-conveniently, a supermarket right across the street.

I gotta add, the Doubletree is consistently voted one of the premiere hotels in San Juan. Stay there once, and you'll know why. Enoy!

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio on the first floor. They're usually taken, but ask. Walk right out onto the beautiful courtyard with pool and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank jakho19
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Hola jakho19,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest over these past months. We are fortunate to have staff that go out of their way to assist our guests, and I am happy to read that this was your experince as well. I hope we will be welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
Operations Manager
bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I had stayed at a Doubletree before in the States, so when they published a discounted summer rate suitable for families, I booked a two-day stay with my wife and two girls, just before classes started again for them. If you can get over the fact that it is not an oceanview hotel, it is absolutely a great option not only for business travelers, but also for leisure vacationers from Puerto Rico and abroad.

The staff is courteous and knowledgeable, and they go far beyond the free chocolate chip cookie culture. Since I live in the suburbs of San Juan, I drove with my family a couple of weeks before our stay, and they were gracious enough to show up a typical room and provide suggestions about what side of the hotel we would be most comfortable with. We chose the queen bed and Murphy bed room, with a side view to the swimming pool so we could keep an eye on the kids. The bed was indescribably comfortable, and the girls were beside themselves with the novelty and convenience of the Murphy bed beside ours. They were thrilled by the modern decor, and the frosted glass enclosed bathroom was a showstopper. Happily enough, the frosted gave me privacy from the female majority in the room, and likewise the other way around. Self-parking can be a bit complicated since the entrance is some distance from the hotel entrance, but they do have valet parking, and the area felt safe.

The hotel has a nice-sized swimming pool, not too deep so we could be at ease with the girls swimming around, and also a kiddie pool and a hot (HOT! SO HOT!) tub at a higher level in a staggered leveled patio with palms and tropical fronds providing pleasant shade. Poolside furniture, towel station, showers and restrooms were handy, clean and complemented nicely the pool area. Close by is the gym, and my wife and I were able to trot on the machines while watching the kids in the water or catching a TV show in the monitors. They have weights too, a restroom and a massage area as well. Next up is a business area with computers and printers for use by guests, but this was one of those very few times we felt compelled to use the facilities and log in. They have free wifi so smartphone users are in luck.

We had the breakfast buffet at Cafe Pierre, the in-house restaurant, and it was absolutely the best in terms of variety (omelet station, pancakes, waffles, all kinds of breads, pastries, fresh fruits, hot and cold cereals, coffee and fresh juices), cleanliness and presentation. Staff was courteous and helpful. There are three other restaurant in the complex that also houses the Gallery Plaza apartment building, and the best dining offerings of Santurce, Condado and Old San Juan are close by.

The hotel is just across the street from an upscale supermarket with a very well stocked deli/cafeteria section, so we had snacks and a couple of meals taken care of nicely to stay within budget. Thank you SuperMax De Diego!

The closest beach is just four blocks away, and this part of the city is safe, well lighted and well patrolled. Being a local, however, I am aware that Condado beaches have rough surf and undertow, so I drove my folks to Isla Verde, less than 10 minutes away, to a milder beach which they enjoyed without worries.

Quiet evenings in our room after dinner (after the girls conked out) with a nice garden view, perfect A/C (hey this is a San Juan summer we're talking about) and a comfy bed does wonder for the tired body and busy mind. The therapeutic effect of the two-day rest we had at Doubletree lasted us almost a full week, and we look forward to another stay, and to those wonderful warm chocolate chip cookies Juan and the rest were happy to hand out

Room Tip: You can request a gardenview room to keep an eye on your kids while they frolic in the swimming pool area. Rooms furnished with Murphy beds are a hit with most kids.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roalmabi
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Got back last week from a 4 night stay at the Doubletree San Juan, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Taxi from airport $16 I had a garden view room which overlooked the pool/gardens.
Pool is small but adequate, also whirlpool and a fitness room.
Free wifi (and wired) - you have to ask for the wifi code at reception
There are also two laptop computers to use in the reception area if you wish.
Easy checkin (11pm) and given cookie Breakfast free for golds - good selection of made to order omlettes, or fried etc. Fresh fruit, and the normal hot fare, plus toasts, pastries etc.
There is a 24/7 supermarket opposite which is useful, and rooms have fridge and microwave. The room had AC which worked very well, also flat screen TV. Easy walk to the beach, or to La Concha (which is beautiful - about 15 mins) with their wonderful pools and private beach - Doubletree will give you a letter if you wish to dine at La Concha so you can book to your room. Also good casino there.
Would definitely stay at the Doubletree again.
Found staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Garden room is good overlooking the pool and gardens
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo