“Unprofessional Clerk” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Oviedo, Florida
“Unprofessional Clerk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I started calling hotels at 5:00am and I came across a gentleman by the name Wilfredo (in which he was amazing). He made a reservation for me as he knew the situation of my first hotel. Upon arriving to the hotel in which it took Sigrid almost 15 minutes to open the door to just turned me away until 2:00pm. While I was told that as soon as I checked-out from the other property I wouldn't have to wait for my room because housekeeping came in at 7:00am and Wilfredo had everything set for me. Not only did Sigrid make me wait, she raised the price that I was quoted because it was too low for her. Also, she wanted me to pay almost $19 for parking while I was told otherwise. Oh and not to mentioned when I came back at night to check-in I didn't have a room! Luckily all I had to do was to drive to my inlaws for the night. But thanks to Wilfredo I had my room the following night with FREE parking!

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator so pack light because if it's Sigrid at the desk, she will not h...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Mandy0107
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The location really is the best spot in Condado! You can't beat it!

We booked this hotel at the very last minute because our cruise got cancelled, so for the only hotel available at such short notice, we weren't excepting much - It is a little better than what we were expecting. The amenities and room are small and average, but okay for two people. It is great if you are spending a lot of time exploring and away from the hotel as it is so close to everything. Cabs aren't that expensive (around $12 to Old San Juan (12 minutes drive)) and we found cab drivers friendly and informative.

One thing we didn't like was that the pool and spas are more than 10 blocks away at a partner hotel. The spa at Wind Chimes is amazing! Probably the best hot tub I have ever seen, it is almost the size of a pool. The pool at Acacia is not so good. In fact, once we saw it we didn't go there to swim once.

Overall, this hotel is good if you only want to sleep there. It is nothing fancy, so don't expect it. But the rooms were clean and comfortable and staff were friendly and accommodating. Good value for money, considering Condado is expensive to stay in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

when reviewing this hotel prior to making a choice i was surprised at the disparity of reviews. i thought how could one say it was great and another be the polar opposite? i decide to risk it and go with the more positive reviews. bad choice. the room was soooo small only one person could walk around the bed at a time, no space for luggage. the one extra chair in the room had to be moved around every time we wanted to get in the closet, bathroom or out side. cleanliness was borderline. "continental breakfast" very limited to box cereal, box of pastries. with what you get, this should be priced for under $100.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lori776
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Things that I liked:
- Location is amazing, at the heart of Condado
- Bed was comfortable

Things I didn't like:
- expensive for what you get. 160$ a night for a perhaps 2-star accommodation is absurd.
- breakfast is poor. Almost all bananas were rotten. Croissants were not fresh.
- today is my last day and I asked to leave my bags at the reception for the day; but they have no place to keep bags! The lady at the front desk told me to leave them at the lounge, where anyone can easily steal them. I hope I can find them when I get back to the hotel this afternoon.
- We need to leave the room and check-out by 11am. The cleaning lady knocked on my door at 10:50am, even as the TV was on and loud (she certainly knew there was someone inside)
- The TV is small and the sound is terrible. No small fridge in the room.
- Expedia charged 16% more than the price listed at the hotel.

Taxis are really expensive in San Juan. A short ride (5 minutes) will set you back 15 dollars. They don't have a meter and the ride cost is decided by the taxi driver ad hoc. If you want to explore the beach, stay in Condado. If you want to spend most of your time in Old San Juan, stay there. Or rent a car...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoseBez
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

If you want a foo-foo type of hotel, this isn't the one for you. We stayed for a week and loved it. The price is well worth it, because you get the location of the beach being literally right around the corner from the beach and there's tons of shopping and food eateries up and down the street. If you need a calm environment to rest and go this is the best spot. The only con is the parking...if you do stay here, take the first left at buns burgers and another left at the intersection where the park is, it's free. Oh yeah, a smaller car is better for parking and getting around the narrow streets.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple