“Relaxing”

Ranked #208 of 1,147 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2015

Nice place, tasty food, nice staff - BUT, THEY DON'T TAKE CREDIT CARDS! We didn't not know this in advance and had to run back to our hotel to get a debit card - WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS. We didn't see any signs talking about it either. If we'd of know, we would likely not have gone there. It's just CHEEP of these folks, who are smack in the middle of a resort area, not have the ability to take a credit card. Shame on them, its 2015, get with the program!

Reviewed 23 February 2015

Walking by and seeing empty tables at front while restuarant next door looks packed...and overpriced...however the door greeter at Hacienda waved at us with a smile and began telling us the menu...Puerto Rican and Mexican food....not sold until he said "we have ocean view" and yes they did...Dining became a unique and engaging experience for whole family!!! The service was the best and very pleasant. We order Rum Beaches and pitcher sangria and both paellas....I liked both very much but the meat paella was delicious. The back area felt like an authentic quaint Latin tapas room with open windows framing the crashing sea. It was amazing to watch the waves. At end of meal we got to feed the fish with tortillas. The only con was that they do not take visa so we had to use their atm for cash. I would return and I highly recommend. Hope you get a widow table too!

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Stop here for breackfast, while is hard to mess up a breackfast, some people do. But not here, the service, food together with the view makes for a must stop morning breackfast!! Jonathan and Michel were very attentive!
Forget Dennis!!!

1  Thank Berponte
Reviewed 18 February 2015

We walked by this place so many times while in candado. From the street it looks lower end than it is! Walk inside to the back and oh my! Most amazing views ever. We only had drinks there which were delicious and quite a few people we met went there to eat various meals. They said the food was very good as was the service. When you are sitting by the window you are literally on the beach with the waves crashing beneath you. Very unexpected and beautiful. Great place to go for dinner or before a meal for appetizers.

Reviewed 18 January 2015

I had a PuertoRican dish, my wife had a Mexican dish. I loved my food and would go back for that meal, my wife never wants to go to that restaurant again! The view is beautiful and the drinks were good. If you go, don't order Mexican, go for the Puerto Rican dishes!