Our first all inclusive holiday, so no standard of comparison, but thought most of the negative comments posted here were pretty ridiculous. We had a great time.
Spent seven nights and one of the best things we did was take a couple of excursions off resort. Based on tripadvisor recommends, we hired Kevin Morrison as our driver for a day and he gave us a great tour of the immediate area includng Dunns River Falls and Scotchies which were both must do's. http://www.jamaica-travels.com/
Also booked a full day tour to Kingston through the hotel and while not "pretty", we learned a lot and saw another side of Jamaica. Not for everyone but we wouldn't trade it away for anything. Again, our guide was superb.
The resort itself was totally relaxing and enjoyable. I tire of buffets, so knowing this, after reading tripadvisor we booked our a la carte restaurants early. All were different and good, but based on personal preference I would rate them 1) Mikado 2) Dolce Vita 3) Don Pablo 4) Garden Grill.
I could see why some reviews were less enthusiastic about some aspects of the resort but everything was lovely as far as we were concerned. We did not go looking for faults or problems. And the staff were incredible! Friendly and hard working kind and honest and happy and made you just love their island.
Best recommendations to pay forward...buy a Canadian Tire "Bubba" insulated travel mug or something similar and adopt the Jamaican way of looking at life when you step off your plane.
You're there to relax so don't sweat the small stuff. Just remind yourself, there are no problems, just situations :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay