1,395 results
All reviewsgilbert blackwoodhoneymoon suitewater pressuresmall resortbeach arearecommend this resortbeach towelsentertainmentjamaicavacationdiscobandcouplesrummamaalcoholcrew
Reviewed 31 August 2004

My boyfriend and I just got back from the Club on August 25th. We had a blast while we were there. The drinks were fantastic, the nightime entertainment was great, the food was awesome, our rooms were clean and well kept while we were there. We really couldn't tell you anything bad except the fact that the beach is really small but with everything else going on, it really didn't matter. The staff was great, Euwayne was so much fun. As for bartenders, Julian and Alwin were awesome. And waiters, Kevin is fantastic, he'll present you with the biggest Jamaican smile you've ever seen and he keeps the smile on his face the entire time he is working. The rest of the staff was great, too. And if you're going for any trips off the resort, ask the tour desk for Ernest Allen from St. Ann. He's part of Juta Tours. Trust me, it may be more expensive to get a private driver but he is totally worth it. He took us wherever we wanted to go and gave us all sorts of information about Jamaica. If you're looking into this resort, it's totally worth it. We made so many friends because most of the clientele is of a down to earth nature. It was great and we can't wait to go back again.

3  Thank GlobeTrotting4550
Reviewed 23 August 2004

My girlfriend and I just got back from CA. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were VERY pleased with everything. The band, entertainment staff, food and bar staff were all amazing. 9ft, Damion, Euwayne, Oneal, and Allison are very outgoing and fun-loving. We now consider them, along w/Omar, Ralston, and Junior, friends we hope to see again. Most of the vacationers were polite and pleasant as well. Lots of peeps participated in beach volleyball and other activities. Our room was better then we expected. It had a nice little fridge and TV, a king size bed, and a decent view of the pool.
If you will notice, those who write "bad" reviews have similar problems: airport, room, or "drink" problems. The airport of a third world country is not going to be very user-friendly or accomodating and should not be associated or connected in any way to the experience a seperate resort provides. Second, only snobs or those with unrealistically high expectations would complain about the accomodations at CA. These peeps should pay 2 or 3 times as much and stay at Sandals or somewhere that might approach a level of relative "perfection". Although the type of people I am speaking of will probably still find something to complain about, these are peeps that TRY to find a way to be miserable. Lastly, all of our drinks were pretty strong, actually we had to get my girlfriend's drinks "a little light".
We did the dolphin cove trip ($310 for 2) and horseback riding trip ($140 for 2), both were pricey but well worth it. You actually ride and touch dolphins and the horseback riding goes into the ocean!!
Once again, the band and entertainment staff make this place unique and special. The beaches and shoreline are very beautiful as well. There weren't too many topless girls but there were enuf to make us wish there was a seperate beach for them.
For those of you wondering, we are the couple who supported the band nightly, participated in the entertainment activities, danced our ----- off, and I was the one who puked in the disco one night (thanx to the 151 that had set the bar top a blaze just moments before)...YEAH MON!

8  Thank Quest36756
Reviewed 19 August 2004

My husband and I took a trip to Jamaica during the month of May of 2004, and we stayed at the Club Ambiance for 9 days. This was our first vacation outside the US and we expected it to be perfect. In a sense it was, but only because of what we made of it, not because of what we had paid for or what the Club Ambiance had to offer.
First of all, upon our arrival to the Jamaican airport we had to go from person to person in order to point us to the right counter with the Club Ambiance representative. After that we were forced to wait in front of about 5 drivers who could not decide who will take us to the resort. To top all that after the twenty minutes bickering amongst drivers one of the drivers allowed us to board his bus, drove us about 100 miters outside the airport and told us to take our suitcases, leave his bus and wait for another bus driver to pick us up. If you ask me, this is not my idea of worm Jamaican welcome.
Rooms, originally purchased rooms with ocean view, well when we were taken to our room it were a far cry form that. It was a first floor inside courtyard view, and if you look under angle right and do not mind the trees, bushes, grass and flowers, one could see a grill kitchen and water. Which is when my husband mentioned to the guy who showed us to our room, about what we paid for and what we got, he said “ There is some water…” yet if you want to change it can only be done no sooner then in four days. Fine, we kind of figured, it is not like we going to spend much time in the room any who. Over all room was simple, but clean. Bathroom was a little too small, and bath tab was a bit rusty.
Housekeeping was some what of a problem, a cleaning lady would come to collect towels early in the morning, and some times we would return to our rooms right before lunch to take a shower and to clean up, and we would have no towels. Good thing we brought one bath towel. Even than, we would not get our towels till after lunch.
However the biggest disappointment was beach. It was hardly a beach, very small seems like a man maid. It provided no view or Romantic beach walks. I have been to Aruba resorts before, and expected Jamaican beach to be same if not better, but it can hardly be called a beach at all.
Staff was very friendly, every one worked very hard, daily activities were somewhat cheesy, and so most of the time guest spent their time by the bar or on tours.
Tours, we took Horse Riding tour at Chukka Cove, I would really recommend, and to Dunns Falls, those are by far the best. But I have to warn you be careful and do not use your credit card to pay for it, I was charged for the Chukka Cove Horseback ride for a second time two month after I came back. If you are looking to buy Jamaican Rum and Coffee go to Ocho Rios, but be ware some of the staff is cheaper to by at the Duty Free Airport.
Nightlife basically did not existed at the resort, life band during the dinnertime finishes playing at 11 I believe, and Disco supposed to start after that. My husband and I went there three times. First time, we came there was no one there only DJ and a few Locals dancing Rap style. Second we went and had luck seeing some guests sitting around, but DJ kept playing and American style Rap music, and most of the guests at the resort are Brits, Irish, Scots, and a very few Americans so no one danced. My husband made a few request to change music to something more popular, but it took about 10 people to do the same before we got somewhat familiar to everybody music.
Food, was very good, not a gourmet, but hey we are not picky, it tasted good, it was always fresh, but at the end of the 9th day we got bored eating same thing almost every day.
On other complaint, my husband is very fund of snorkeling, and he did a lot of it on his own, however, the program of the resort advertised a snorkeling trip on the “glass bottom “ boat. So my husband went and asked for it, he was told that in order to do that he will have to find a group of at least 15 people. Mind you each trip costs something like $35 or $45 give or take. He was also told that as soon as they make up a group of 15 people the will call him, well 9 days later no one did call. And all this time the boat with “glass bottom” was sitting ashore. Well too bad, they could have at least made $45 on my husband, instead he was disappointed and they made zilch.
Over all, I cannot say that this resort is all that bad, yet, there are some things that made us feel disappointed, bored and not willing to come back. However, I guess if we hadn’t tried we wouldn’t have known what we are missing.

1  Thank Wanderer8548
Reviewed 18 August 2004

I did not care for Club Ambiance much at all. the service "stinks". Towels would be taken at 7-8am, not returned until 3pm. If you are not up showering at that time, you will miss your bath for the day. Also most of the women working at club ambiance seemed to feel they would break a muscle in their jaw if they smiled, yet the guys were great. The guys were courteous and very helpful, with warm smiles. If it were not for the guys I would have packed up and left the first day. The drinks at the bar were nonalcoholic. I do not drink much at all,yet I know that the alcohol was not inclusive,and I like my drink not too strong. I guess that's how they save money. everything else was ok, the food, entertainment, and excursions were good. The customer service stinked. One more thing! We made reservations 3 months ago, paid good money, yet had to wait for a room when we got their ) :

I was happy to get back to the states ( :

1  Thank Scenic21898
Reviewed 18 August 2004

Absolutely the best vacation I have ever had. Definitely did not want to come back home. I had read about CA before I went, so I knew pretty much what to expect. The rooms were clean, the food and drinks were good. We had the best waiters, Andre and Duwayne. The entertainment staff, O'Neal, Euwayne, Nine Feet and Allison were the best, making you feel like you knew them forever. The resident band was great! We had no complaints. Completely relaxing vacation! I definitely will go back again!

3  Thank Climber19357