1,397 results
All reviews gilbert blackwood honeymoon suite water pressure small resort star resort nightly entertainment beach area beach towels recommend this resort jamaica vacation disco band hammocks rum mama excursions
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here, just got home this morning, We met so many amazing people. A trip is what you make of it whereever one travels. This trip was amazing great atmosphere. We have stayed at every star rating 3 to 5 star. They all have their advantages and disadvantages!!!!!
Such good vibes here, would love to return back to this special place.

Room tip: This an an average hotel, but then again we are average people!!! we were room 42 at the pool, I am sure an upgrade would be lovely, but were only in the room to shower and sleep!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paradise810153
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I have been to ca 6 times since 2007 I love the place and when I was there in december I said I was going to write a review urging return guests,due to not being in brochures (it can still be booked through travel agents you brits). Unfortunately my friend made a complaint about 2 staff members last year . As much as I love ambiance I can see it for what it is . Unfortunately due to prices rising I won't be going this year (and will see what next year brings). I will be browsing other hotels in the area for now to see the price , I will miss ambiance but having been given "special returners rate ". of £94 sterling. A night for may this year its too much , it was £58 last year .so I am really sad at not going but its not worth that . I try to go twice a year but will give it a miss at that price

Date of stay: December 2011
2  Thank buryb
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I found the resort to be quaint and fun! The resort is old but intimate. Yes it could use an upgrade for sure. I see folks said there was mold and dirty. I found the resort to be very clean and did not see any mold. My room was at the pool and I loved the set up of the rooms around the resort. I didn't spend much time in my room anyway. I prefer the small intimate nature of the resort. In a large resort you can be anywhere once inside cause they are all the same, big and impersonal. I love to travel and yes the oldness of the resort did throw me off but the staff and the fun I had made up for it in spades. The resort is designed to give you great views. If you want to experience Jamaica go, but if you just want good food and to be entertained in luxury then you can hit any other 5-star resort as to me they are all the same cause once inside you could be in any country. Club Ambiance is special and not everyone will enjoy the simplistic vibe. Great party place! I partied with the locals whom I found to be very friendly! I made a lot of local friends. All of the staff knew me by name even if I did not remember theirs. I found the staff to be very accomadating and helpful. Yes the resort feeds their staff and it did not bother me a bit. I will be back. I enjoyed the food and drinks. the liquor is not top shelf but all inclusive rarely does include top shelf anything. Not the eating was my top priority. The house band was great. Entertainement could be better. I would have preferred to have less games and more shows for the guests, but I did win a prize in the guest participation game! The games did allow you to meet other guests which is nice. I went on my birthday and let me tell you they made sure I had the best birthday! Nigel made me a special birthday drink. I did the bike ride with Chris daily and had a blast! Just a shout out to Jr, Phillip, and my baby Lovell,Toni - you still owe me :-) and all the staff. I will see you again soon!!! Ire!

Room tip: stay in the Honeymoonm suite or villas.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Anita M
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Wonderful experience!! I read alot of reviews before going so I pretty much knew what to expect. It is a smaller resort but very well kept. The resort itself could use some updating but it was very clean. The staff are awesome they were all so very accomodating and nice. The entertainment staff are the best Omar, Gary and Storm are GREAT they are so energentic and happy they definitely helped to make our stay there fun! They hosted games and contests throughout the day with a different show each evening. Shout out to Barney the bartender best drinks ever and so very nice, also Martino on the waitstaff was awesome. The food was really good not a huge selection but everything they had was good from the jerk chicken, mixed vegetables, fresh fruit, and the last night we were there they had some really good lasagna and pasta bar. The grill bar had really good jerk burgers and chicken wraps for lunch. Definitely an unforgettable experience and the staff really helped to make it as great as possible. Only bad thing was that we had to leave. We definitely left feeling more like friends than guests, miss them all already I can't wait to go back. Stayed 4.2 thru 4.6

Room tip: We stayed in room 26, beautiful view of the sea and was quiet by 11:00 once the nightly entertainment ended.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank jessica m
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We spent 10 days at Club Ambiance In March. Prior to booking at this resort we researched a few countries and resorts for about two months. The results of every search seemed to end up at this resort in Jamaica. We even emailed the resort directly and received prompt replys from Loraine and Cassandra. As a result of our stay in March this is our number one choice for our next year's vacation. We will probably extend it to twelve days.
The best part of the resort were the people me met. This includes the resort staff and other vacationers. Right from Cassandra at the front desk at check-in to JR the bartender at the main bar, legends and Fantasia we were treated as family. Storm, Gary, Omar and Damian provided much of the entertainment and we enjoyed being involved in some of the events.
We hope the timing will be right so our new friends from Michigan will be able to meet us there next year.
The only recommendation to the resort would be to have more meals and special nights on the terrace.
We stayed in Honeymoon Suite 8. The room was clean and we were comfortable. It is not the room that is the reason we are returning. Most of the time was spent out of the room anyways.
We spent most of the time on the beach in the sun and very warm Carribean water.

Room tip: Honeymoon suites overlooking the Carribean are the best, then the suites around the pool.
Date of stay: March 2012