“Loved the caves!”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Loved the caves!”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Loved seeing all the bats and the swallows too. The guide was full of very interesting historical information. We had a disable person with us and they were very accomodating so he could enjoy it too.

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Neat”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a short neat little trip to take as an excursion however if only doing one excursion for your trip I would pick a different one. If doing multiple then add this to the list.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Johnathon M
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not a bad side trip.”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Took a taxi from Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean to go here, also went to the Columbus Park which is just around the corner. The caves themselves are interesting, no video is allowed and the walking is not for those with any sort of mobility issue. Not that its tough, but there are lots of narrow dark steps and some crawling/crouching to get through. Photos are allowed, and if you are creative with finding a way to prop up your camera some interesting results are possible even in the low light conditions. Don't believe anything you read about not tipping in Jamaica, everywhere we went it was at least gently implied if not near demanded. Our guide was polite if un-enthusiastic, probably because he just had the 2 of us to guide while the guy in front had about 30 people from a cruise ship, so while we did tip him even after paying $20 each to be shown through I'm sure he still made $50 less than his co-worker. If I ever go to Jamaica again which is probably only a 10% possibility I'd go here again if I was with people who had never seen it.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“WOW- Nice tour guide and very good tour”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We visited this attraction as a party of 6. We arrived with our tour guide who we hired for the day and he suggested this because it wasn't too far from the Ocho Rios port. The fee was $10 per person. The tour was about an hour. We got our hair net, hard hats and some instructions and we were off. There were interesting facts given to us all along the way. We took plenty of pictures. We traveled outside some between 2 caves and we were amazed that there was so much coral that high above the sea. There were trees growing in it and all. There is one area where you have to go down stairs about 75 feet to the sea level pond under the ground, time to rest and then back up. We liked this very much.

1 Thank kasbryant320
Jacksonville, FL
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My sister and I did a combo tour of the caves and Dunns Falls while on a cruise. I was surprised that they were hot and humid. Most caves are cool inside. I thought it was interesting that the caves, at one point, was a nightclub complete with a stage for bands. Upon arrival you have to put on a hairnet and hard hat. Despite looking rather silly in the hat, I was thankful for it when I bumped my head a couple of times. There were some low spots and one spot that you pretty much have to crawl through on your hand and knees. There are some pretty steep, narrow stairs you have to go down and climb back up as well.

There were lots of bats, but they just hang on the ceiling for the most part. After seeing them up there, I was a little afraid of looking up and really thankful for the hat if you know what I mean.

The caves have a bathroom and some snacks for sale at the entrance/exit. They also offer rum punch, with or without the rum, after the tour.

If caves interest you, then these are pretty cool with a lot of history.

Visited March 2012