“We fell in love with Portland!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of FAIRY HILL PALMS

Full Kitchen
Back Porch
Driveway
Outdoor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Andrea S
“We fell in love with Portland!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We loved our holiday in Portland Jamaica. The friendly people, the beautiful surroundings & hot sun. Fairy Hill Palms is just lovely! It's clean, spacious and well equipped. However I would recommend air conditioning or stronger fans in the bedrooms as night times got very hot & humid!
The house is a short rocky walk (do not attempt in flip flops) away from the most spectacular beach Winifred Beach. It gets busy at weekends and the locals are very friendly offering drinks and delicious food to purchase.
We also enjoyed Port Antonio which is a short drive away. A busy up & coming town with lively entertainment good places to eat & chill. We enjoyed the sports bar and Anna Banana restaurant.
Overall a fantastic holiday good value for money. Only downside was we didn't have wifi on the last night & the water was turned off an hour before we checked out.
My family & I enjoyed our stay & would highly recommend Fairy Hill Palms. We hope to be back again soon. Huge thanks to Linton & Alecia for being so helpful and accommodating.
We are missing Jamaica already!

4 May 2014
Hi Andrea, thanks again for staying at Fairy Hill Palms and thanks for the review. As I explained when you checked in that we are in a long drought and at times the water system may shuts off on intervals. I also explained that there is water tank on the roof for when such issues arises. My only regret is that you did not mentioned it to us for we would have switch to the tank. As I mentioned to you that whenever there are problems to please let us know so we can fix it right away.

The WIFI service goes down occasionally, which we have no control over. However, we were aware of it and it was unfortunate it went down on the last day.

Alecia.
JChase242
Nassau, New Providence Island
“perfect localtion”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

5 mins walk to the beach. 1-2 mins walk to the main road, where taxis pass. the house is beautiful. the owners are very nice. i enjoyed myself very much. i wouldn't rent any where else in Portland. 5 stars 10 out of 10. Oooo and wifi is there. really good wifi....

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: it was so clean!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Apr 2014
Thanks again Craig for your booking and support, we hope to get future booking from you again.

Alecia and Linton.
PA
Reviewed 10 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
tweety866...
Houston, Texas
“Very nice place to stay!!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Fairy Hills Palms. The place was very clean, quite and close to everything. The staff was very professional and made me feel at home. I would like to thank Mr. Linton and Alecia.

Winnifer Lindsey

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was quite and peaceful. Just what i was looking for.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 Dec 2013
We are thanking you again Winnifer, for choosing Fairy Hill Palms, you are added to our best guest's list. We hope to see you again.

Linton & Alecia.
NEW YORK CITY
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing