“Loved Mr Barrys, Loved Boston!”
other travellers have booked this property
bedroom 2
6am Sunrise from the top of the hill
Winifred Beach
Winifred Beach
Frenchmans Cove
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
James S
London, United Kingdom
“Loved Mr Barrys, Loved Boston!”
Reviewed 20 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Mr Barry's for a week. The thing I loved most was the is a massive terrace with amazing sea views that I had breakfast on everyday and sat on every evening. It really is a special place.

The house was clean, tidy and comfortable, has a kitchen with everything you need. Everything else you need is a short walk away. The famous Jerk Lane is in just down the road with fun bars and great local food. Boston Beach is another 5 minutes and is truly stunning. Loads of other stuff to do near by and all the locals are really friendly.

If you want to see the real Jamaica, I couldn't recommend this place more!

Isabella...
“Best holiday of my life ”
Reviewed 16 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Mr Barry's over the summer holiday with my family. Staying there and seeing the beautiful country of Jamaica is and always will be one of my most treasured memories. Mr Barry's is at a prime location. Everything you need is in walking distance, be it the local grocery store or the lovely Boston beach, and most of the tourist attractions, such as Frenchmen's cove and the Blue lagoon, are about a 10 minute taxi ride away. The local restaurant is amazing and their staff the most accommodating. I couldn't have dream of a better holiday, and I can't wait to go back.

theycallm...
London, United Kingdom
“Portland Paradise”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Mr Barry’s Guesthouse in October 2016 with a group of friends and couldn’t have had a better time for my first Jamaican experience. The house is big, airy, clean and the beds are very comfortable. The veranda that wraps around the house is amazing to sit on and look out over an amazing view of Portland. Just a short walk in either direction will take you to stunning beaches, and there’s always lively Jerk Lane just 10 minutes away with plenty of food, bars and friendly locals to keep you entertained. While we were there we were lucky enough to have Mr Barry’s daughter, Marsha, and her boyfriend Paul, who literally know EVERYONE in the local area and have the BEST connections and ideas for things to do. I was very sad to leave and can only look forward to going back.

rachell10...
Rye, United Kingdom
“The trip of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in August 2016

My trip to Jamaica in the summer was one of the best experiences of my life. Mr. Barry's was the perfect accommodation and location. It allowed a truly authentic experience in a friendly environment. A five minute walk from the stunning Boston beach and only a 10 minute taxi ride from famous attractions such as the Blue Lagoon. Since leaving I crave the jerk chicken and festival from gurley's jerk shack washed down by a cool glass of rum n ting. My highlights are too many to count but one that must make an appearance in this review is 'vinyl sundays', Sunday night dancing under the stars listening to all my favourite reggae tunes on vinyl.
I WILL be going back to Jamaica and in my mind mr.barrys is the only place to be.

LorenZoLu...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“amazing and authentic”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in August 2016

I stayed at Mr Barrys in August 2016 with my family. What an amazing place. The house easily accommodated the 9 of us. To begin, the views from the veranda are amazing. The village below was friendly and Mr Barrys is a short walk from the best jerk chicken restaurants in the world. It is also a ten minute walk from Boston Beach which is gorgeous. By day we checked out some of the best beaches in the world - Monkey Island, Frenchman's Cove and the legendary Blue Lagoon. Don't forget to visit Reach Falls. The North coast of Jamaica is paradise. the people are friendly. Rum flows like water and the food is amazing. Mr Barrys is a treasure. I can't wait to go back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing