All reviews bush bar recording studio bass hot tub jolly boys cell phone sanwood villa gee jam private beach apple tv guest services rio grande jon baker frenchman's cove co owner alicia keys blue lagoon
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This is by far my favorite place in Port Antonio, Portland. We had to use the studio which is the top of the line, maybe anywhere in the world. The drum and bass cottage below the studio is where we stayed. OMG!!!
I remember it was raining cats and dogs and I sat in the bathtub and watched the rain beating the caribbean sea. I will never forget this experience. The staff, the settings, surrounded by nature, the uniqueness of this property and the way nature is respected...just everything about Geejam makes this the perfect spot to vacation in Jamaica. Close to everything. Ask Beyonce and Solange... :)

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. The Ska and Drum and Bass cottages are my favorites. Slept in both. The views!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Everything about my stay at Geejam was exceptional, they really do have it down to a T. We stayed in Rum & Bass and everyone from the co-owner (Steve) to the staff were very hands on in ensuring that everyone's experience would be top tier, while also being very discreet. There's a reason this hotel is the top choice for celebrities when they travel to JA. The epitome of eco-tourism. I appreciated the spacious room & the fact that it also had a steam. I really enjoyed that we had our own private jacuzzi and the views from our cabin were simply breathtaking. So lush, so much greenery!
We had dinner at the Bush Bar every night and the chef really tailored everything to our tastebuds; they also have a wide variety of beverages, both alcoholic & non-alcoholic. We got everything we asked for, easily. They pay so much attention to detail. The private beach there was absolutely the cherry on top, great place for photo ops (as it is decorated so beautifully) & R&R.
Geejam is also in very close proximity to attractions like the world famous Blue Lagoon, Rio Grande, and Frenchman's Cove beach. So whether you're just looking to relax, or partake in activities, you'll no doubt be satisfied & the staff will always be there to advise you every step of the way regarding any inquiry about the area or just inquiries in general.
All in all, this is absolutely my favorite hotel in Jamaica & I will be right back in no time!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2018

It will be difficult to top our time spent at Geejam! the reviews do not adequately capture this most amazing place. The moment I called and spoke to Rose and explained what I wanted to do for my wife's birthday, I felt she knew exactly what I wanted. We stayed in Rocksteady an awesome cabin overlooking the ocean.

They pulled out all the stops and then some. We had Coco San for a whole day! We had lunch, enjoyed the pool, the music the entire escape for my wife's bday. This was the coup de gras

The food each and every day was exceptional; the staff was engaging,yet discreet. the Champagne in our room on our last night was a nice touch.The Cabins were built with an eye to detail, with the view of the ocean and nature in full bloom.

We met Steve, the co-owner he was a great host, he shared his story of Geejam over a few drinks like his famous tingaling.

As I said at beginning words do not adequately capture-just go and be awed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I took my 13 year old sone to Geejam and had the most wonderful holiday. The rooms are big , ours and a jacuzzi and steam and the food is great but if you need a change just 5 minutes done the hill lies the village of Drapers that, mainly locals and truly Jamaican, features bars and cook shops that are not in any way tourist, the locals are just so helpful and friendly and the complete opposite of what is usually suggested. Port Antonio is a very special place like going back in time.Indeed, Portland’s rather reassuring atmosphere reminds one of an era long past, its sleepy, pastoral pace magically transporting its visitors to a twilight world where stress is another person’s concern and all that matters is the weather. 5 minutes away from Geejam is the Blue Lagoon, one of the world’s most enchanting beauty spots that is a sink hole some 52m-deep (170.6ft) a perfect aqua blue lagoon that opens to the sea through a narrow funnel it is fed by freshwater springs so that one dives into cold fresh water only to encounter warm sea water just a few metres below. Also near is Frenchman's Cove , a truly remarkable beach , inlet just 100 metres wide that is also fed by a cooling mountain river, it is one of my favourite beaches in the world. Another other great Port Antonio attraction is the rafting down the Rio Grande that, initiated by Errol Flynn, is not to be missed.You take a taxi for about 45 minutes and get a bamboo raft with an experienced oarsman that will gently sail down the river and stop off at these stunning spots of natural beauty and wonderful waterfalls.I was utterly gob smacked, jaw on the floor, by the trip that was as rewarding an afternoon as one might ever find anywhere. One boards a raft and is slowly punted down the achingly azure fresh water, stop off for a swim or two and are treated to an exquisite meal (maybe the best I had while in JA) of crayfish tales, pok choy and rice and peas, cooked on an open fire on the riverside pebbles by a local lass Belinda and organised by Geejam. The whole deal takes about three hours and is so incredibly peaceful and thoroughly relaxing it alone deems a visit to Port Antonio worthwhile. Geejam and Port Antonio are very special places that can provide an adventure holiday, a gastronomic vacation or just a few weeks of intense relaxation, which we all need from time to time.I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018

What a lovely surprise Geejam was for us. Made extra-special by the welcome we got from Steve, the tour of the recording studio from Naldo, and the ting-a-lings! We had a wonderful afternoon at the private beach - total seclusion and the chance to kayak around the bay. The food was superb too. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family