All reviews bush bar recording studio bass hot tub jolly boys cell phone sanwood villa gee jam private beach apple tv guest services rio grande jon baker frenchman's cove co owner alicia keys blue lagoon
Reviewed 16 July 2017

The ambience and view were beautiful. The menu options at the Bushbar were great and tasty. We had a fun tour of the Studio and Steve Beaver nicknamed us as "the Supremes". We then went to their private beach which was just gorgeous. The experience was just generally excellent. I would recommend this place to others and would definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I decided to visit Port Antonio for only one reason and it was GeeJam. Several of my favorite artists have recorded and stayed at this property including Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, and last but not least (and also my most all time favorite) Harry Styles. My family and I got the best tour of the studio. I got to see all of the equipment and play the piano and guitar that Harry used to record his debut album (it debuted at no.1 by the way) at the studio. The views are breathtaking no matter where you are on the property, there are serene sea views and lush tropical vegetation all around!

We went for lunch and dinner both days and the chef came to our table to discuss our dietary needs as everyone in our party is vegetarian and the food was so good each time!

The co-owner Mr. Beaver introduced himself and talked to us like we were family. He was very humble and explained how artists did recordings and how the studio came to be and also gave little details on what each individual artist did. The second time we visited for dinner, Mr. Beaver took my brother and I into the recording studio to see a Jamaican recording artist from Kingston sing and lay down some tracks! We met her team and they were very amicable and inviting.

We hope to come again very soon in the next few months for a stay!

1  Thank Amisha B
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Nestled in the hills of San San, Geejam's natural elegance was pretty impressive. I visited with my mom and aunt for lunch at the Bushbar. The food was great, service superb and the co-owner, Steve Beaver was congenial. He gave us a nice tour of the premises including a sing off in their world class studio. The view from the Bushbar was beautiful and to cap it off we spent a few hours at their gorgeous private beach. We're definitely due for another visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Sandwood Villa- Geejam.

The essence of Portland -you see from a beautiful vantage point. Peeking out at the Caribbean sea from the heart of lush green unspoiled bush. This three bedroom open communal with private pool and lounge deck boasts clean sophisticated lines with the warmth of home. Tap in or out of quality media. Retreat or seek out a great communal dining experience and a real music lovers vibe. You could happily go group jam here or family reunion -kids and all-and having a four year old in tow that was a pleasant surprise.Staff were warm yet un-intrusive. Clearly someone gets the concept that awesome beds make for great holidays.Loved the beach. Was impressed and cannot wait to go back!

Room tip: Sandwood Villa
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend Ella and I stayed here for a few nights on our visit to Jamaica. It was unbelievable. Port Antonio is a special place and Geejam perfectly captures the vibe. It is complete magic and anyone who says different is a maniac! We loved the beach, the bar and if you want to see something special you should swim to the private beach about 5-10 mins swim away from the hotel. Better than Frenchmans cove and you have it completely to yourself.

Steve is a legend and Geejam is without doubt the place to be. Food, price etc. All perfect. What a stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple