“Always closed, not responsive and unprofessional”
Review of Sun Divers Negril

Sun Divers Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Come scuba dive, relax and see all the marine life of Jamaica Negril. Jamaica Scuba Diving at its best off the beaches of Negril Jamaica. Imagine yourself in Jamaica as you look out you see blue mountains, long sandy beaches, world-class golf courses, cooling waterfalls and clifftop bars. The sounds of reggae music fill your ears and the smells of tasty Jamaican food dance on your taste buds. All of this with friendly faces and lots of fun. Jamaica has it all! We haven't even begun to talk about the water activities and marine life you will see. What better place to experience Jamaica, but in Negril where you will find a paradise for diving and watersports. Not to mention seven-mile beaches that stretch to touch the horizon, and sunsets that get applause. Come and enjoy a 'kick-off-your shoes, shrug-off-your blues' way of life.
Reviewed 7 April 2017

My experiece is terrible.
We spent 7 days in Negril. Our plan was to go diving at least two times during this time. We stayed at Travelers Beach Resort so Sun Divers was the best choice.
Unfortunately, the first day they were closed. We tried to contact them via hotel staff. They promissed to call back with confirmation. This never happened.
Every day we reminded about our interest in diving with Sun Divers. Every single day during 7 day stay.
They left a message at the hotel front desk the last day of our stay saying that they need to reschedule due to bad weather conditions.
In the meantime we found another diving spot nearby and went diving with them.

Sun Divers - the worst experience ever. No response, no confirmation, simply nothing.

If you plan to dive in Negril please contact FUN DIVING. Martine Cuggia is professional and very friendly. Diving with her is a nice experience.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"jamaican"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I have done several dives with this group because of the excellent and fun service from two dive masters: Myron is not only attentive to details and safety issues, but a blast to go on dives with. Highly recommend him for scuba certification, refresher, or any instruction. Pinky is more laid back & provides excellent underwater expierences. The boat isn't large or top notch, just usual small style Jamaican craft which is fine(this means you are in a nice small group of divers with specialized attention and no rush). I'd advise you to bring your own water & snacks if doing two tanks dives. The reef is fairly close to shore with good variety of dive locations. Go to the Throne Room if offered, very cool!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We almost booked a stay here, because of the dive shop on site. I am glad we didn't. Only because of the dive shop not being good at all. The resort itself looked great. We stayed down the street and walked up to Travelers to book a few dives. Upon arrival the dive shop was closed, no one there. We got the dive masters number and called him. He met us in 20 minutes. Seems as if he works for other dive shops also. We booked 4 dives with him. Now there is no help in the dive shop, just him. He took us diving on a small boat, it was ok, having been to a lot of different places it was the worst yet. Now, Myron, the dive master was very professional and good at diving and being safe, but the way the business operates is horrible. They need more employees and from the looks of the area there are a lot of people that need jobs. Like I said Myron was great, just need to update their process. First day it took us about 4 hours to do a 2 tank boat dive 3 miles off shore. The second 2 tank dive took us about 8 hours, only because we booked a shore dive, he told us that he had a good spot to shore dive. We got there and it was all bad. Rough water, no access to steps or ladders. Just hard reef rock for entering and exiting the water. Then had to travel back to get on a boat. I have seen online where Travelers has a dive shop on site, this is not the place to go to get dives in on vacation.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

I was nervous after reading the previous review, and I have also dove all over the world. This place gave use a great divemaster in Pinky! We had a two to one ratio, while the two other divers did a course. I always felt safe and well looked after. When my boyfriend got low on air they made sure I was safe with the other crew, while Pinky went up with my boyfriend. Yes, it's not some upscale dive shop and outfit, but relax man - you're in Jamaica to have fun. Do that!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I never post online reviews, but felt so strongly to warn people about this group of divers, I had to post something. Having gone diving all over the world, I'm used to dive masters and boat crews being the friendliest part of the dive experience! Not the case with Pinky (DM), Spesh, and Pogo (boat crew). Pinky seemed generally annoyed that he had to take us out, yawned, showed little interest in making any conversation, and literally seemed hung over, or just really tired. He knew his stuff underwater, but no special attention was given to details of the dive (okay, let's go, he says. I'm like 'where are we going?'). Boat crew service was TERRIBLE. The two guys were much more interested in smoking ganj and sitting in the sun instead of making sure the equipment was safe and operating correctly. Throw in some inside jokes and no interest in learning the names of the divers, and all around an awkward experience that could have been a lot more enjoyable. At the end of a two-dive session, the three of them expected a tip at the end of it all. Worst service I've ever experienced diving, mediocre dive spots, and general awkwardness/unfriendliness. Skip this one and go elsewhere! If I could do more to discourage others, I would!

2  Thank hplaczek